june

june

"Is the sandwich good?" I asked keeping an eye on the road while I hear munching at my side.

"The best! P'Lan saved my dying stomach! She's such an angel~" Copter exaggerated loving the snack P'Lan prepared for him for the road. I could have done it myself but I had a lot on my plate.

It took me a week to get everything settled. Fixing his discharge papers, notifying his parents about his condition, asking Ms. Hann for his daily diet meals (the right food combination for both of us), memorizing his new set of medicine and his in-take schedule, and I need to arrange all of his stuff to bring it with us.

"Do you want some?" I thought he will never asked... I'm starving~

"Very much." I've been driving non-stop for the pass four hours. I can't remove my hand from the steering wheel. "Can you feed me?"

"Do I have a choice?" He sigh taking the tupperware from the paperbag at the backseat and took out inside an uneaten sandwich. He reached out the sandwich trying to find my mouth.

I took a huge bite from it and finished it quickly when he felt I was done, he withdraw his hand and he help me drank my water with a straw. "Thanks, Cop."He flashed me a smile while he ate his sandwich.

After his belly was satisfied with all the snack he ate, the car became quiet. Only the faint music from the radio is all I can hear. Maybe he was contemplating from eating too much.

I got curious of what silenced him so I glanced at my side and smiled a little at the view next to me. A cutie was snoozing at the shotgun seat covered with a black blanket while I drive my car towards our destination.

Today is finally the day that Copter is allowed to go and rest at home. I'm incharge of driving him to their vacation house because his family is currently out of country, traveling while working.

Ever since we drove away from the hospital he was already falling asleep from time to time. He had trouble sleeping the night before from too much excitement of coming back to their province and finally he can relax from being hospitalised for almost three months.

"Hmm..." Copter move a little, letting the blanket covering his body slide down to his lap. I tried to reach for it and attempted to put it on him but I can't fully cover him so I did the most obvious thing. (And of course getting hit by other cars is not an option in this situation).

I stopped the car at the side of the road. I removed my seat belt and carefully adjust his seat, reclining it a little more so he can get more comfortable. I also fixed his pillow and blanket.

He always shown such a peaceful expression whenever he's having a good dream, just like this moment. I was about to lean in but stop my urge to kiss his forehead when a voice inside my head reminded myself, my position in his life.

"Sweet dreams, Copgi~" I whispered backing away and continued driving with a heavy heart.

I'm just his personal nurse, nothing more nothing less...

***

"Why did you stop? Have we arrived already?" Copter asked removing his seat belt. Moving his head towards my direction.

"Not yet, we still need to drive for three more hours. I just want to stretch my legs for a bit." I opened my door and the sound of the outside was heard, changing Copter's confused expression, making him aware of where we are.

I ran to the other side of the car and opened it immediately. I grab his hand and slowly helped him get out of the car.

As we go closer, the happiness in his face escalates. We stopped at the perfect spot where the land meets the water. I let go of his hand, walking backwards to the sea observing his movements.