august

august

"Doc Ian, can't you just tell me what is it?" He kept ignoring my request while writing a patient's records in his tablet.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise."

I've been standing here trying to convince him to just spill the beans. So I'll be on my way aware of what's gonna happen when I entered Copter's hospital room.

"Give me a clue then..."

"I also can't do that. He made me swear on my life that even hints or sign language are off limits."

"Fine~ if I died of heart attack it'll be your fault." Crossing my arms, unaware of Doc Ian's smile hiding behind the surgical face mask.

"Good... So now, shooooo~ go visit your patient that you left here for two weeks."

I rolled my eyes, holding the door knob. I didn't bother saying 'goodbye' or 'thank you' to Doc Ian who's standing behind me. So he can feel how annoyed and betrayed I am.

"Copter, sorry if I took too long to come back." I knocked going in, before closing the door behind me.

The room was dim which was weird since Copter loves letting the light in his room as natural light and to absorb the sun's nutrients every early mornings. So why is he seating on his bed looking glum after drinking his meds?

"Did you already drink your morning medicine?" He slowly nodded.

"I bought you flowers since I know you missed your grandma's garden while staying here." I grab the food tray in his lap and replaced it with a bouquet of yellow daffodils.

"Sorry for scaring you when I suddenly leave you here after I received Mom's call. She was so frighten when Dad suddenly collapsed while on a meeting. Good thing she called an ambulance before calling me."

I disposed the used tissues in the trashcan before putting the tray at his side table. I then sweep the floor. I'm keeping myself busy trying to spot anything that's related to the 'surprise' that Doc Ian was talking about.

"My dad's stable now and out of the hospital. He's resting at home while Mom is nursing him to get better."

After cleaning up his room, I open one of the blinds that is a little further from his bed.

"Nurse Mon?" He asked his voice was hoarse.

"Yes? Is your throat dry? Do you want me to get you something to drink?" I went to his side concern, holding his hand. It was shaking.

But then he moved his hand away, a tear drop fell on mine. That's when I realize his eyes weren't cloudy and unfocused. Both were piercing through my soul as tears fell one by one.

"Kimmon? It's really you."

"You're cured..." He can see again.

"I knew it.... The first time I heard Nurse Mon's voice. I knew it..."

"Cop let me explain." He didn't let me.

"But I foolish and decided to ignore my doubts..." He was laughing unaware that his voice was trembling. "Because they said you left me when you found out my illness. You wanted to stay away from me! So you kept your distance and disappeared."