FIFTEEN

Stefans brow creased in confusion, he examined the photograph in his sisters hands warily.

Snatching it from Veronica, Stefan turned to Klaus and Gloria, "what is this?" He asked seriously.

"What? I told you Stefan. Chicago is a magical place" Klaus said at the counter of the bar with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"But this is me, with you" Stefan flipped the tattered photo so that Klaus could see their ecstatic smiles aimed at the camera.

"Who took this?" Stefan shot at Klaus with an icy glare.

"The photographer happens to be standing right next to you"

Stefan glanced curiously at his sister waiting for an explanation, when he realised he wouldn't get one from her he looked to Klaus again.

"This doesn't make any sense, why don't I remember you?" Stefan asked with a frown.

"You said it yourself, that time had a lot of dark holes" the Original took a swig from whatever was in his glass.

"No if you knew me then why haven't you said anything? Why haven't you said anything?" He rounded on his sister in disbelief.

Veronica opened and closed her mouth pathetically, "leave her alone" Klaus sighed dropping the glass onto the counter top.

"We're a little busy right now, memory lane will have to wait"

Stefan growled. "What the hell is going on? Answer me!"

Pushing off the barstool Klaus spoke. "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest I hated you"

-

Circa 1920

Stefan drank deeply from a woman Veronica had seen in the bar a few times earlier that night around the bar, his hand cupped her cheek greedily.

Veronica watched as Rebekah made her way over to Stefan and the woman.

Her mouth latched onto the opposite side of  the woman's neck, where Stefans teeth had not yet been.

Rebekah and Stefan shared a kiss before he pulled away.

Looking down at the necklace on her chest Stefan took in it's details with sparking eyes, "it's beautiful"

"A witch gave it to me, supposedly it's magical" she smiled radiantly at Stefan.

"And is it?" He asked breathily gazing at the blonde seated next to him.

"Well it brought me love, didn't it?"

"It's late Rebekah, we're leaving" Klaus huffed impatiently tugging his sister up by her arm.

"Get off of me!" She hissed tugging her arm back, Stefan stood with a glare.

"Who is this guy?"

Rebekah stood as well, her face panicked.

Unbeknownst to the trio Veronica had already manoeuvred through the mass of dancing bodies and stood a few feet away.

"Stefan don't. He'll kill you, he's a lot stronger than he looks"

Klaus smirked, "so this is the famous Stefan Salvatore I've been hearing so much about"

Klaus' eye flickered up to Stefans hair, "you're right. He does have funny hair, I'm bored I want to go" he said looking at Rebekah again.

"Then go without me, I'm not your girlfriend!" She spat angrily at her brother.

"No you're my sister, which means... you have to do as I say" he grinned boyishly at Stefan before pulling Rebekah to his side making the two Mikaelson siblings face Stefan.