SEVEN

"Are you kidding me" 

"No, nope, not happening!" The brunette turned her back on Damon attempting to walk away from her brother, he however grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him.

"C'mon NIca, we need you to be there to help us in case Klaus shows up, you said it yourself if he was going to show his face he'd do it now," Damon pouted using the childhood nickname he gave her, he knew it would pull on her heart strings and she'd cave.

"I want no part in this, Elena means nothing to me"

-

Veronica managed to find something that she thought looked decent. She cringed at the bright and bold colour and definitely did not miss her flower child phase.

The dance itself impressed Veronica a lot more than she cared to admit, the decorations left her feeling very nostalgic, completely forgetting about why she was at the dance in the first place

Something slammed hard into her back causing her to trip and nearly fall.

Two hands wrapped themselves around her and pulled her into them, she immediately recognised his cologne.

Ric.

"Woah sorry there, Nica"

Veronica froze only a handful of people knew that nickname and Ric sure as hell was not one of them.

She glared furiously at the man behind her, his smile widened.

Her voice came out in a sharp whisper.

"Klaus..."

"Hello, love" he grasped his hands behind his back tipped his head slightly forwards like he usually did, smiling at her.

"Long time no see" he teased looking her up and down, "not long enough" she commented, downing the rest of her soda.

"Never thought I'd find you at a high school dance," she snorted "only here to lend a helping hand" the girl forced a smile.

"Let me guess, they have hatched a plan to kill me?" He tapped his, well Ric's chin with his finger. Veronica nodded as her eyes scanned the crowd looking for an exit.

"And what did you have to say about it?" She looked back at him with a coy smile, "I guess you'll have to stick around a little longer"

Just then she noticed her brothers as well as Elena, Jeremy,  and Bonnie walk in, Damon spotted 'Ric' and Veronica and made his way over to them, the others following.

"Leather pants, really Damon?" Veronica scoffed looking at the pants that may as well have been painted onto his legs, "you're one to speak miss flower power!"

Veronica shrugged before speaking, "the 60s were a time where ordinary people could do extraordinary things Damon, obviously you wouldn't be able to appreciate the finer things in life"