TEN

"What are you looking at?" Veronica questioned still dazed from her 'death'.

Damon grabbed Veronica's arm and showed it to her, grimacing at the stench of her blood she looked anywhere but Damon's face. "ahhh about that..." Damon glowered at her in annoyance.

"When were you going to tell me?" He hissed furiously at his sister.

"I wasn't?" She smiled up at him through her lashes innocently.

Sighing Damon threw off his jacket to reveal an identical bite in the crook of his elbow.

An icy feeling settled in Veronica's chest as she gazed down at the bloody wound.

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like" Kathrine stated observing Damon and Veronica's injuries.

"Yup" grumbled Damon, his eyes never leaving his own arm.

"It's not that bad" she said to them with a shrug.

"Will be" Veronica replied hopping off the counter and adjusting her top.

"So that's it? You're just gonna die?" Kathrine asked the twins watching them move away from her.

"Well that's kinda how it works" Veronica replied flatly, a ghost of a smile etched its way onto her features.

Damon caught her eye and watched with sad eyes, "well that depends, do you know anything about a cure?" He asked Kathrine rhetorically finally tearing his eyes away from Veronica.

Shaking her head Kathrine looked down.

"Me neither" He replied with a certain dullness to his voice.

Veronica began to sweat, which according to her wasn't a good sign. Chancing a glance at Damon's creased face she decided she'd keep this to herself...for now at least.

She put her jacket back on carefully as not to aggravate her bite.

Kathrine sucked in a sharp breath and spoke, "a hundred and forty five years and no last goodbye?" She questioned voice thick with remorse.

Her eyes were glazed over with tears as she searched the siblings faces hopefully.

Veronica looked down at her shoes and shifted uncomfortably before she made her way over to Kathrine.

"Until we meet again" Veronica stated with a watery smile looking at Kathrine, blue met brown in a mutual understanding.

"You don't get a goodbye" Damon spoke coolly before turning to leave again.

Kathrine stepped in front of him. 

"Don't-don't leave mad" she pleaded with him.

"Us, ending on good terms is not exactly on my bucket list Kathrine" he glared down at her stepping around the brunette.

She stepped in front of Damon again.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out, there's nothing I could do, I didn't have a choice"

Damon glare hardened.

"That's why I gave you the vervain. You had a choice!"

Kathrine looked at Damon, "it was me or her, I chose her"

Damon narrowed his eyes at her. "I helped you, you owed me"

"When Klaus dies you're gonna walk out, without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies" Damon hissed at her.

"Somehow you're the only one that wins, how'd that happen?" He asked her viciously not entertaining the older woman's pity party.

Shaking her head she looked at Damon. "I didn't let love get in the way"