NINE

Veronica walked into the boarding house early the next morning, still in last night clothes.

Before she could get further into the house Damon rounded the corner, face contorted with anger.

"Well don't you look like a ray of sunshine." The brunette commented walking past him.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her back in front of him.

She tugged harshly on her arm releasing it from Damon's grip. Realising what he had done, Damon dropped his arms the his sides.

"What Damon?" She questioned glaring at him, "where were you last night?" It was his turn to glare.

"Picking daisies, what do you think?" She replied sarcastically.

"You were with Klaus?" She scoffed.

"God, do you need me to explain the birds and the bees too?" She rolled her eyes and walked past him.

He however still shouted from behind her.

"You're literally sleeping with the enemy!" She poked her head around the corner.

"Your enemy not mine, what can I say he's good in bed." 

"What about Elijah?" he spat at her. 

"Katherine and Elena" 

-

"Stefan, I am not helping you find the werewolf Klaus stole for his little ritual." Veronica hissed with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Ask Kathrine, she'll know where the wolf is." Veronica grumbled opening her book again.

"Who reads Dorian Gray for fun?" Damon asked grabbing her book.

"He at least knew how to have some entertainment in his life," Veronica retorted snatching the book back from him.

-

"Why did I get stuck with you?" Veronica grumbled next to Damon. 

Having been roped into helping him rescue Caroline once again and the werewolf, Tyler.

Damon simply rolled his eyes.

It took the duo a while to find the tomb, it was underneath the ruins of Fell's church. 

The grounds left a sour taste in her mouth as she longed to put some distance between her and the ruins. 

Damon was kneeling near the entrance of the tomb inspecting the entrance.

In a matter of seconds Damon was in the floor clasping his head in agony. 

A witch was a few feet away from Damon.

Veronica made her way towards him. "Oh for the love of God."

With that said Veronica pulled the witches head clean off his shoulders. It fell to the ground with a thud and rolled slightly.

She turned her nose up at the sight and hoisted Damon back up onto his feet.

Veronica spun in her heels hearing yet another person in the woods.

A blonde boy stood with a rifle in his hand. "Who the hell are you?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you doing here?" Damon questioned the blonde. 

He ignored Damon and asked a question of his own.

"Where's Caroline?" His voice was firm, but still wavered.

"Uh down there?" Veronica replied with more of a question pointing towards the entrance of the tomb.

"We're here to save her." Damon explained throwing a "really?" Look at his sister. She shrugged and continued watching the blonde.