FOUR

"You're not joking?" Veronica narrowed her eyes at Damon suspiciously.

"Nope," He said popping the P with a smug smile.

"I am inviting you to my dinner party tonight"

His cheerful tone made Veronica glare with distrusting eyes.

"Who else will be there?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest, still not believing anything her twin was saying.

"Well me for one, Andy—your personal blood bag" She cut him off with amused eyes.

"Yes" he shot his sister an impatient look and continued counting on his fingers.

"Ric, Jenna and Elijah" Veronica looked at Damon with a frown. 

Weren't you just plotting to kill him a few days ago?" She asked Damon with a creased forehead.

"So what do you say?" He put his arms behind his back raising his eyebrows waiting for his sister to agree.

-

Closing the door behind her Veronica froze.

She wasn't alone.

"My front door is always open to you"

A pair of strong arms snaked over her hips and across her waist.

He moved the dark locks off her shoulder, making his fingers brush her neck lightly.

Her body responded to his touch immediately

Tucking a few stray hairs behind her ear, Elijah placed a sweet kiss on the nape of her neck.

"I am delighted to hear you will be joining us for dinner tonight" he mumbled softly in her ear before dragging his teeth across her skin.

A shudder ran through her body as she sighed.

"I left you a gift on your bed, wear it tonight. For me"

Before Veronica could turn around he was gone, her cool fingertips massaged the soon to be love bite before spotting an intricately wrapped box on her bed.

Removing the lid a small gasp emitted from her mouth.

Her fingers traced the curve of her lips as she removed the dress from it's box, the softy satiny material slipped through Veronica's fingers as she admired the garment. 

-

She stepped out of her room and bumped into Damon, "where the hell did you get that?" Damon asked as he gawked at the expensive looking dress

"It was a gift" she said softly running her hands over the silky material.

-

"Hi you must be Jenna!" Veronica smiled down at an attractive blonde in the foyer of the house.