THIRTEEN

"Okay, it's a three-step process Ray" Klaus told the wolf as he paced around the pool table that Ray was trapped on

"This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist"

Klaus stopped near Ray's waiting for him to answer or object.

"I already told you where to find the pack, what more do you want from me?" he muttered with a mouth full of blood.

"Have you been listening to a word I've been saying, Ray?" Klaus asked him lowly.

Pointing a knife in Ray's face Klaus speaks to him again.

"I have great plans for you"

Stepping back Klaus slits his left wrist.

Veronica grimaces at the sound of splitting flesh.

Klaus grabs Ray's hair and force feeds him his blood.

Struggling Ray grunts and tries to pull away from Klaus.

Looking back up at Veronica Klaus smiles.

"He'll thank me for it later!"

Veronica did nothing but watch with wide eyes at the scene before her.

"There we go, thattaboy!" Klaus praises Ray with a big smile.

A familiar smell wafts in the air, Veronica turns buzzing with excitement as Stefan walks in. She can smell that he's been around Damon.

Wrapping him in a bear hug she smiled up at him widely, relived that he came back and that Damon will hopefully leave his siblings alone, for his safety.

"Are you okay? Is Damon okay?"

Nodding slightly Stefan pulled Veronica into him one more time before letting her go.

He walked slowly across the bar floor towards Klaus.

"What are you going to do now?"
Ray asked Klaus still struggling to free himself, slightly panicked at the arrival of Stefan.

"It's time for step two Ray"

A sickening crack echoes around the bar, Ray lay lifeless on the pool table with a broken neck.

Finally paying attention to Stefan, Klaus spoke.

"You're back" his face was blank as he watched Stefan for any kind of reaction.

"Did you doubt me?" Stefan glared back at Klaus.

"No, not for a second" Klaus told Stefan honestly.

"I knew you'd pass the test, you still care for your brother, for your old life"

Chuckling Stefan met Klaus' eyes.