EIGHT

Soooooooo I fooled around with my chapters and lost two fully release ones and a draft so I'm pretty damn stupid 😂 I'll be trying to type them out again and if anything's different don't hesitate to let me know, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reading.
- hella unedited

————————————-
Veronica woke with a start. She rolled out of bed and followed the shouting down the hall.

"Who In the bloody hell decided it would be okay have an argument at-" she cut herself off and checked the time. "Eight in the God-damn morning!"

Stefan and Damon both found her before she found them.

"Elena's gone!" Stefan hissed at her upon reaching her. "And why the hell would I give a rats wet ass?" She grumbled, just as the wheels turned in her head and it hit her.

She raced past her brothers and made it to the basement, only to find and empty cell.

"That little wench!" She shrieked at no one in particular.

She brushed past her brothers and back out of the cell allowing them to inspect it.

"Well...who will it be?" She folded her arms over her chest, eyebrows arched at her brothers.

"Who will what?" Stefan asked incredulously.

Veronica held back an eye roll and glared.

"Who is going to call her? I can if you like? I have a few colourful words in mind I think I'd like her to hear." She hissed.

-

After a few calls from both Damon and Stefan Elena picked up, much to Veronica's dismay she was still alive and well.

"Brothers." Veronica called out from the couch.

"They're home." 

She flung it open forcefully, surprising Elena.

Damon and Stefan soon appeared next to their sister. All three had a murderous look in their eyes, although Elena grew used to seeing it in Veronica's face.

Veronica's icy glare raked over Elijah, he had a new crisp suit on. Veronica wondered how he managed to get that, but reminded herself he is Elijah Mikaelson and can do pretty much anything.

Her stare stirred something deep inside Elijah, guilt? No. Shame? He felt shameful for his actions for some absurd reason.

Elena finally made a move to get into the house, she was quickly stopped however by Veronica's hand as it clasped firmly around her neck.

She choked and looked to Damon and Stefan in utter shock, neither stepped forwards to help her.

A look of hurt flashed across her face before her eyes found Veronica's. 

"Not so fast honey." The brunette was shoved back outside.

"Say." Started Veronica, she drawled out the word so lowly Elena's skin erupted in goose bumps and her heart rate picked up much to her distaste, Elena was frightened.

Veronica swayed slightly before speaking again, "have you heard from Jenna? Like at all today?" She wore a sinister smirk that made Elena's blood run cold.

"Veronica..." Warned Stefan slowly knowing his words would fall upon deaf ears.

She brushed him off with a sharp glare that made him subconsciously take a step back, she didn't miss the smirk plastered on Damon's face.

"I'll take that as a hard no." With those words said she looked back at Elijah.

"I'll prep the guest room for you, Elena? Let him in won't you?" Veronica smiled sweetly from where she stood before leaving the doorway and letting her brothers deal with the doppelgänger.

Elijah watched her leave, unable to look away. He watched her in awe. She was still the strong woman he'd fallen in love with aeons ago.

-

"So you're just going to kill Klaus? Just like that?" Veronica snapped her fingers at Elijah mimicking his actions from earlier.

He groaned out loud as she opened her mouth to speak again.

"I call bullshit." She huffed giving up the argument for now. 

He sighed and decided to keep quiet for the time being as well.

"Because you know-" Elijah rolled his eyes and let her speak.

"I've tried killing both my brothers at least three times each." And I haven't been able to go through with it.

Damon snorted at the look on Stefan's face.

"Your brother isn't Niklaus Veronica" Elijah sighed reminding her with a weak smile.

"For as long as we've know him-" Elijah said referring to Veronica and himself.

"He's left a path of absolute destruction, and never stopped to face the consequences, and I want to be the one to put an end to it."

Damon grunted.

"And we're supposed to believe you're doing this for us, out of the kindness of your heart?"

Elijah narrowed his eyes, "you're mistaken none of this is for you." He made a point of meeting everyone's gaze except for Veronica's.

-

A few hours of brainstorming ended in Elena volunteering herself to die much to Stefan and Damon's disliking, although Veronica had no objections.

Veronica's support of the doppelgängers plan saw Damon storm off in a fit of rage.

Veronica had finally located her twin.

Unsurprisingly he was hunched over a tall glass of a jasper liquid.

"I don't like this Nica."

Veronica frowned looking at the bottle, "but it's German?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Not the alcohol, this whole situation. Somethings' not right!" He hissed flailing his arms, his steely eyes holding un-shed tears.

Veronica sighed and pulled him into her, offering him a shoulder to cry on.

The two stood like that for some time before he calmed down.

Despite the many differences Veronica has had with her brothers she always put them before herself and anyone else, she cared far too much for them.

Something she and Elijah had in common.

"Do it Damon." She whispered voicing his conflicted thoughts.

He nodded before leaving.

Veronica took a swig of the perfectly aged liquor, and listened to Elena's cries as Damon fed her his blood.

————
Lol so if I have left anything out or whatever just let me know and again so so so sorry for the inconvenience 😭