Chapter 52-Heroine Vs Demoness

Start from the beginning

She walked down the stone pathway until she came upon a pavilion sitting in the middle of a large pond. The pond was filled with countless lotus flowers. There was no breeze, but the flowers seemed to sway back and forth. Sometimes, even strange beautiful glowing balls of light the size of a coin would jump out from the pink petals, flying around as if it was a firefly.

Inside the pavilion was a set of bamboo tables and stools. On top of the table was a set of white jade tea set and a guqin. A thick layer of dust covered the tea set and the guqin. Neither tea set nor guqin looked used, which could only mean that it had been placed here expecting for its owner to use it but never did.

"I wonder who Master created this courtyard for...?"

Xiu Xiang strolled out of the pavilion and walked further until she found a bamboo hut. Compared to the rest of the lavish palace, this place was extremely humble. It almost reminded her of Tian Ling Sect. She pushed open the wooden door and entered the dusty hut. A large bed enough to fit at least three people sat off to one corner. A large bookshelf filled with all kinds of cultivation books and techniques sat off to the opposite side. Nearby the bed was a table with an empty sword stand. There were even sets of white male clothing inside the worn dresser.

"This wasn't a courtyard for a consort..." Xiu Xiang thought. The only exception would probably be her. She then remembered meeting her master's soul and the soul of the late grandmaster of Tian Ling Sect, Han Ming. She had her suspicions about the two of them but she never asked. In the novel, the relationship between the Demon Lord and the Grandmaster of Tian Ling Sect was never explained. Almost every report mentioned how the two of them were sworn enemies. What if that wasn't the case? Could the two of them had been lovers...?

She suddenly had a sneaking suspicion that the reason why war exploded between the Demon Realm and the Human Realm thousands of years ago was because of their relationship. Before her master sent her soul back into her body, he had told her to not make the same mistakes that he did.

Xiu Xiang wanted to laugh. Her master had warned her too late. She wanted to be free of her role as the Demoness and tried to get power. In exchange, she died and Wei Xing turned into a demon. Now she was nothing more than a human with half her original strength. Wei Xing and Bai Qing had tied the knot. She was all alone.

Sighing heavily, she left the hut and started for the exit of the courtyard. Since her master had sealed off this place that was originally meant for his lover, it was only right to keep it sealed.

She was almost out of the courtyard when she saw a slim figure in a bright yellow dress standing in the distance.

"Bai Qing?" Xiu Xiang furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Bai Qing marvel at the beautiful garden. Xiu Xiang didn't go any further but her presence was quickly detected by Bai Qing. Her beautiful bright almond eyes fell on Xiu Xiang.

As the two of them stared at each other in silence, Xiu Xiang couldn't help but compare herself to Bai Qing. If it was the old her when she was the Demoness, her beauty was naturally incomparable. With the two of them standing in the beautiful moonlit garden, Bai Qing looked like a fairy that had descended from the heavens while Xiu Xiang looked like a peasant. It was no wonder that Wei Xing had kept Bai Qing by his side all this time.

Bai Qing seemed to think differently though. She glared at Xiu Xiang. Despite living in a different body now, Xiu Xiang still gave off a domineering aura. Her sharp eyes made Bai Qing feel small and she hated it. She had always been confident in her beauty and skills over the years but when she stood next to Xiu Xiang, her confidence was greatly shaken. The Xiu Xiang now wasn't a great beauty like before but it was precisely that calm and compose demeanor that made her so alluring. Just remembering how Wei Xing had looked at Xiu Xiang like she was a precious gem, made Bai Qing's hatred surge even more.