My heart flutters to his words, there is even a hint of red colouring his cheeks as well. Without him I would be with Hearthgrim still a slave. He has done a lot of things to ensure my happiness and well being. I owe everything to him. "I am. I'm most happy with you."

His mouth opens as he blinks back at me and I realize what I said but he quickly grins with a bright smile. "I feel the same way." He says with a chuckle. "You are the only person I can be myself around, that I can fully open up to and I hope..."

"Your Majesty." Someone calls Sebastian. He turns to his uncle walking towards us. What was he going to say? There's always someone interrupting whenever we are alone.

"Uncle." His voice changes deeper, more stern. "You are back from your trip unscathed."

The older man smiles when he approaches us. "Yes, I arrived late last night. All is well but we need to discuss the matters pertaining to some of our trading routes. We should meet with the council this evening."

They shake hands and Seb nods. "Right, make it for 2:30. I have a previous engagement at 1:30." He says to his uncle.

"Yes, Your Majesty." He winks to him then bows his head. "Miss." He addresses me, lowering his head and turns away heading back where he came from. Normally no Lord would address their servants as politely as Vernon does. Sebastian's family is full of kind people and I am starting to be more comfortable around his uncle as well.

I ask Seb what is going on with the trading routes when he looks to me.

He waves a dismissive hand. "There have been reports of caravans missing along our trade routes. This time of year is worst with the coming winter. Nothing to worry about." He assures me with a smile.

My eyes narrow to his. I would be worried either way but he seems unaffected by it. I wonder if he knows about the men going missing in the so called mines that Cherry and Audrey mentioned before, and if they have any connection.

"Shall we make our way to Nezra's? It is almost 1:30 already." He asks changing the subject.

"I guess so." I agree and walk alongside the young king.

When we arrive this time to the mage's quarters, Nezra is bent over his alchemy set, pouring some dark blue liquid in the glass vial. What sort of concoctions is he making with those odd coloured liquids?

"Nezra." Sebastian says when we step closer, the man turns his head and his lips stretches into a smile.

"Hey you two. Glad you could make it!" Nezra sets the vial down in a metal stand and clasps his hands together as he walks towards us at the table in the centre of the room.

I jump in spot, excited for our upcoming lessons. What is he going to teach me first? How to fly? Or make a ball of light like Sebastian can do? Whatever it is, I don't care, I get to learn how to use magic properly!

Seb leans his hands on the cluttered table next to me and Nezra looks to me with a smirk. "You seem excited for this." He points out and Seb glances at me, with a toothy grin.

I bite my lip turning my head away from them. Of course I am! I get to learn about magic! I tap my fingernails on the wooden surface with a raised brow. "Yes. I want to know more about magic. How to use it."

"Good! I like the energy!" Nezra chuckles and slides some papers in my direction. "You can start by reading these."

My smile drops to a frown. What? I have to read first? I gaze down at the top paper, it reads; 'Introduction to the Classes of Magic and Their Properties.'

"Do I have to?" I ask and Nezra laughs.

"Yes, you have to understand how it works before I can teach you to use it. Now have a seat over there." He orders, pointing to a chair tucked in a corner surrounded by two shelves with books on them.