35. Whiskey coloured eyes.

Start from the beginning

Soon enough he put me down when we got to the guns and he began giving Carl some bullets and a rifle while he took my pistol and checked the clip before giving it back and giving me an extra set of bullets. He got his own stuff and then knelt to my height.

"Do you know how to use this properly? Did your brothers teach you?"

I nodded quickly. Sammy and Dean has taught me the basics of how to fire a gun just in case I got into a sticky situation. I remember when they first taught me how to pull the trigger and aim, I nearly shot Dee's foot!

Rick signalled me to follow and he told me to only fire if I needed to, while telling Carl how to work his gun. When we got close to the gate Rick paused and looked at us both.

"You shoot or you run. Don't let them get close, okay?"

We both nodded and we walked up a little more and then Rick started to shoot, slowly followed by Carl. I hesitated. The last time I shot a gun I shot Shane at the farm. The same farm where we buried Dee.

I took a deep breath and aimed at the closest monster with both arms. I raised my arms and my fingers hovered over the trigger. Then I squoze.

•••
Inside the Prison.

The duo ran down the halls until they found another panel of glass. Maggie tried smashing it but again, it didn't work. Cas reached out to Maggies belt and grabbed the pistol before aiming and shooting the window, the glass shattered and he flicked the pistol back on safety before handing it back. He then helped Maggie through the window before jumping through himself.

The two shouted for Hershel, only to look up and see him wrestling with a walker above them. Maggie panicked and Castiel acted. He raised his rifle and focused.  However Hershel noticed the angels intentions.

"No! You could hit the bag. We need it for Glenn!"

Cas ignored him and shot rang out and the creature was dead for the second time. Cas looked to his left where Maggie stood with instead tears in her eyes as she silently thanked him.

"Where is he?"

"He's up here. Cell 100, with Sam"

The two then again raced up the stairs and Cas was the first to reach the two men and it didn't look good. Glenn was laying on the concrete floor, saliva and blood mixed together falling out of his mouth. Cas noted that it was thicker so it would clogg up his airway.

Sam didn't look any better. He was still deathly pale with bloodshot eyes and a layer of sweat covered his body. He made eye contact with Cas and softly nodded while helping Glenn onto his side to help him try to breathe better.

"He's turning blue!"

"Clear his airway" Cas said while assisting Sam.

Unknown to the others in the room, Cas placed his hands on both sides of the young mans head and a soft, dull light glowed from the mans hands. It wasn't much, but it was something. The angel cursed himself silently for his lack of power.

Glenn seemed to struggle less with his breathing and a little colour returned to his face. Sam looked to the angel and nodded, while Cas sighed in relief that the father-daughter duo didn't see his previous actions.

Hershel finally appeared with the plastic tube to help Glenn breathe. Maggie began becoming shaky as she helped the boys do as they were told.

"Hold his arms down"

Cas and Sam both held the man down while Maggie wiped away the stray hairs out of the way of Glenn's eyes .

"Come on son, come on. You know how this works."