29. I found you.

To say that Carl was alarmed, seeing his little sister in the arms of a trench coat wearing stranger was an understatement. She had just been in hysterics after he shot that boy and she bolted, if he didn't feel bad enough for scaring her, he didn't want her to be kidnapped by this man. Well, men. There was more than one of them. Two to be specific.

However, the sheriffs son stopped short when he saw the young child clinging to the strange man, who was in fact, strange.

He was clean, not a speck of dirt on his clothes, not to mention the young boy swore he just saw the man get shot, but the said man payed no attention to the bullet that managed to get lodged inside his body.

As for the other man, he looked as if he were crying, as the clean man passed Diego to the tall man who tightly held Diego in his arms as she sobbed into his neck. This man was unlike the clean one. He was covered in sweat, dirt and blood with some bumps, bruises and scrapes.

The way Diego clung to the men, it seemed like they had her complete trust, like she knew them. Then a thought flew through Carl's head. Could this be her family? Two of the three men she always speaks so highly about?

His suspicions were confirmed when Diego began to repeatedly sob the same words over and over again.

"I found you, I found you!"

Carl was brought back to reality when he heard a snarl close by. He looked up and aimed his gun and shot the walker in the middle of its forehead, accidentally turning all of the attention upon himself.

The man holding Diego pulled out his gun and pointed it at the young boy.

"Sammy no! Donts shoots him it's Carl, I knows him he's my brother!"

Sam looked at Diego and then at the young boy infront of him. He lowered his gun as did Carl, both staring at each other when Carl finally broke the gaze.

"You know my sister?"

"I-Uh Yeah, she's in my group." Carl stuttered.

"Group? You have a group?"

"Yeah, there's more, but there's this other group, trying to hurt us, but we're fighting them.. if your Diego's family then you can join our group." Carl rambled nervously. Although he wouldn't admit it, the men intimidated Carl with how protective they were.

"We would like that." Sam said in response, shifting Diego on his side. Carl signalled the two men to follow him as he made his way back to Hershel, Beth and his baby sister.

"Who are these men Carl?" Hershel said softly. He had seen Diego clinging to the tall man, and come to the conclusion that she knew him at least, that he wouldn't bring harm to them.

"Uh, this is, this.. I didn't get your names." Carl laughed, red creeping across his face.

"This is Castiel, and I'm Sam. Sam Winchester." Sam introduced quickly in hopes to keep Cass quiet about his actual identiy. They didnt need him confusing the high heavens outta these people. Hershels eyes somewhat lit up at the mention of Castiels name, he recognised it from reading the bible.

Then he looked to Sam and he then came to the conclusion that this was her brother. He had felt bad for the little girl when she had found her eldest brother coming out of his barn at the farm, and was glad that she had managed to find her other one.

"Well" Hershel started "we ought to be getting you back to your daddy"

"Dad?" Sam questioned shakily.

...

They all made it back to the prison in one piece after Hershel informing Sam and Cass of the current situation. Also on how Daryl basically adopted the little girl as his own, to Which Sam and Cass were very grateful for.