7. Walking boots and rocks

"Was he bit?"

"Shot by your man"

"Otis?"

"He said find Hershel is that you?-please help me help my boy"

Everybody rushed inside and Rick didn't even look at me. I felt like I wasn't needed inside as Carl had been shot and more shouting caught my ears.

"Move come on hurry up. Move!"

"Shane!"

I screamed. He was running with Otis and he looked out of breath. I ran into his arms and he held me close.

"Oh god kid. Your okay. Your okay... is .. is Sophia with you? Do you know where she is?"

My eyes teared up as I shook my head. He held me close on his hip and walked inside to see Rick.

We walked into the room where Carl was and I gasped at the sight. He looked really pale. Shane put me down and Rick and Santa we're talking about blood types or whatever that was.

Then out of no where Rick started to cry because Lori didn't know that Carl got shot. I did the only thing I could think of and snuggled his legs like I do with Daryl.

Then we heard an ear splitting scream and we all rushed into Carl's room. Santa told Shane to hold Carl down and he started to steal Ricks blood like Doctor Jenner did. It went quiet and Santa said that Carl just passed out. I poked his face only for Shane to smack my hand away.

"One down... five to go"

We sat down and I had to tell Shane and Rick about what happened with the whole Sophia situation. Rick said that Daryl has been going crazy that I went missing and that he has my cap. Shane and Otis had to go on a run to get some stuff to help Carl. Maggie volunteered to go and get Lori and I sat in Ricks lap and started to doze off. He chuckled and then tucked me into the bed next to Carl and started to sing the sunshine song. Dean used to sing that to me. He slowly lulled me into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up to Lori sat next to me and I smiled.

"Hi Lori"

"Hi Diego. Rick told me what happened are you okay?"

"Yeah.... I thinks I am. How's is Papa Daryl... is he okays?"

"Yeah.. he's a bit mad but he's okay.. you go get some food with Maggie and Glenn yeah?"

"Glenn is here?"

"Yeah him and T"

I smiled and gave Lori a hug and kissed Carl on the cheek. Then I ran into the kitchen and jumped on Glenn's lap.

"Hey there kiddo"

"My Glenny"

I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek and in turn he gave me a sandwich. I ate it quickly and he started to teach me how to write.

"How do you spell Daryl?"

"D-A-R-Y-L here like this"

I copied out what Glenn wrote and he said it was very good. I wrote Daryl's name and put a love heart around it.

Not long after I finished there were car lights coming from outside. I quickly put my drawing in my pocket and I was the first one to the door and Shane stumbled in hobbling on his ankle. I got shooed into the living room and everyone in Carl's room were panicked and rushing around everywhere. Soon enough, Maggie walked over to me and I sat on her lap while I drifted off to sleep for the hundredth time today.

I woke up to the sun shining through the window and Rick gently shaking me. He smiled at me and told me that Carl was gonna be okay and that Daryl and the others were gonna be here soon. He helped me to get changed into my dungarees and a long sleeved grey top. He tried to put on my shoes but I wouldn't let him.