31. Ankle-biter.

"Morning Daryl"

"Hey Daryl"

"Hello Daryl"

Ugh. It's always the same. I huffed and toddled on behind daddy as I gripped onto his pant leg, I almost had to run to keep up cause he was walking so fast. We made our way to Carol and she waved at me which I returned, at least somebody noticed me.

"Smells good" daddy said referring to the bacon carol was cooking.

"Just do you know, I liked you first" she grinned.

"Stop"

"Me too daddy, don't forgets me!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know your there kiddo." He gave me a little pat on the head and picked me up to rest on his hip before looking around to the masses of people around us.

"Rick and Sam brought in a lot of them too"

"Not recently. Give the strangers sanctuary, keeping people fed, your gonna have to learn to live with the love. Both of you."

"Right" daddy scoffed while picking greesy food off the grill and stuffing it in his face.

"I need to show you something" carol said "Patric, you want to take over?"

"Yes, ma'am"

I smiled slightly. Patrick is nice.

"Uh, Mr.Dixon?" He questioned. Daddy adjusted me on his arm before stopping and looking over at the young boy, waiting for him to continue. "I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat sir, and I'd be honoured to shake your hand"

Daddy looked at me and then Carol before licking his fingers and slapping his hand into a little hand shake with Patrick.

"Don't just thank me. The Winchester's helped too" daddy said with a little smile at the end before setting my feet on the floor and following after Carol. I ran a little to catch up and held daddy's hand.

"About today, I don't know if we're gonna be able to spare a lot of people for the run." Carol started. "We've had a pretty big build up overnight" she said nodding to the fences.

"Are you going on the run daddy?"

"Uh huh"

"Is Sammy?"

"Maybe"

I strained my eyes and tried to look for two familiar faces, but I didn't find who I was looking for, so my face settled into a frown.

"Dozens more towards tower three" she sighed "It's getting as bad as last month. They don't spread out anymore."

"With more of us sitting here, we'll draw more of em out. Get enough of those damn fence clingers, they start to herd up."

"Pay attention to me I'm bored" I huffed, only to be ignored... again.

"Pushing against the fences again. It's manageable, but unless we get ahead of it, not for long... sorry Pookie"

Daddy scoffed and lightly bumped Carol with his shoulder. Was I even a part of this conversation?

"Hey daddy?"

"What's up?"

"Where are my boys? They were supposeds to be on gate duty now"

"That's a good question" he grumbled before walking away.

I'm sure it's his goal to ignore me lately, he hasn't had a proper conversation with me since all of these new people. Maybe if they went, it would all change back to normal again.