23. If he loved me.

"One.. two.. three"

Rick swung open the door and we all ran out. Daddy threw smoke and he yelled at me to run. I did as daddy said and stayed in front of him and behind rick. I still don't think everybody was running their fastest and I could barely even keep up.

"There they are!"

After somebody said that, all hell broke loose. There was gun fire coming from everywhere and I panicked.

Ricky started to shoot back first, and then daddy. I clung to the bottom of his shirt as he ran to shoot people. He killed people. But it's okay, because he had to, to protect us.

"Behind you!" Daddy yelled to Ricky. He swivelled round and shot another man dead.

"Daddy! Daddy I don't like it daddy" I cried.

"Ya okay, yer okay"

"Go! Get cover! In there" Ricky yelled. Daddy picked me up with one arm and ran to where everybody else was. When we got behind the wall, daddy placed me down and I slumped into Ricky's leg as he ran calming circles on my arm while he spoke.

"How many?" He quizzed

"I didn't see" Oscar replied.

"Don't matter. There's gonna be more of em. We have ta move" daddy cut in.

"Any grenades left?" Daddy nodded as rick continued "Get then ready. We gotta gun it to the wall."

"You guys go ahead. I'm gonna lay down some cover fire" daddy said

"No we gotta stay together" Maggie hissed

"Too hairy. I'll be right behind you"

"No daddy" I whimpered. I licked my lips and tasted the salty tears that ran down my face. Ricky stood up and nodded to daddy while taking his gun off his back. Daddy picked me up and put me onto Ricks back.

"Hold on tight kiddo" Rick breathes out.

"Ready?" Daddy quizzed before throwing some more smoke. He ran out first and it made me scared. What if they were mean and got him like they got me?

"Come on, move! Lets get outta here!"

"Rick!"

"Keep going!"

"This way!"

Every step rick took made me bounce up and down on his back. He knelt down and I hopped off of his back and went to run to Maggie but last minute rick harshly tugged me back by my arm just as a bullet wizzed past my head. That was close. Rick quickly looked around before kissing my forehead and whispered for me to run. I did as he said and ran to Maggie near a big truck.

But daddy wasn't there.

Just as I reached Maggie, Oscar fell with a gunshot to the chest and I let out a sob. Why was everybody even fighting? Maggie yelled for rick and then shot Oscar in the head. But where was daddy?

"Daddy?" I whispered "daddy? Daddy where are you?!" I yelled out of panic. Rick ran over and picked me up as he climbed onto the truck.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled, trying to pin point where he was.

"Go!"

"No no no no no no Ricky no! We can't leave daddy! We can't!" I screamed into Ricks shoulder.

Why did we have to leave daddy? Why did that man have to hurt my wrist? Will I ever see daddy again? Why is it so loud? I was all to much and I started to sob into Ricky's shoulder as the pain in my wrist grew stronger.