35. Whiskey coloured eyes.

Do you know that feeling when something changes and you're so used to it being one way but then it's different at the snap of a finger? Well that's how I feel.

I was watching Cas and Maggie chop up wood to put up on the fence while Rick was chatting to Maggie. They both kept sneaking glances at Cas. The same Cas that I refused to talk to. He wouldn't make the stuff growing on his face go away and it looked weird.

But that wasn't even the worst of it. He didn't have on his trench coat or his blazer, not even his suit for that matter. He had on a pair of dirty blue jeans and brown boots along with a shirt and a black leather jacket to go over it. It looked wrong.

Who knew angels wore dirty clothes?

Cas kept trying to get me to talk to him, but I just looked away every time. How dare he take off his trench coat!

My thoughts were cut short as we heard a gunshot from inside the prison. Cas and Maggie stopped chopping and both looked up to Rick. However Maggie kept chopping while Cas hesitated.

Rick threw Cas a rifle before telling them both to go. Cas again hesitated but ran off towards the prison quickly while Maggie practically ignored Rick. I wanted to follow Cassy but it would probably get me into trouble with Rick.

"The fence is more important. We need to keep it standing."

"I got this."

She stopped chopping and began panting due to the effort. I watched as Cas reached the prison door and barrelled in. I hope he's gonna be okay. I looked up again as Maggie then followed the direction he went and the next thing I knew Rick gave me a pistol and told me to wait by the fence. What could possibly go wrong?

•••
Inside the Prison.

When Maggie reached the door to cell block D she momentarily froze. She was now a little apprehensive with being alone with Castiel since what the little five year old girl had said. But if he wanted to hurt them, wouldn't he have done it already? She couldn't wait to have the talk with Sam regarding his excuse for killing people.

Castiel had his rifle in the air and before she could process what he was doing he swung it into the window, however it did nothing. Their panicked eyes locked before they both began frantically trying to get into the cell block. Castiel was trying to smash the window while Maggie tried to get the door open with an axe, pausing when the weapon broke in two. Cas was becoming desperate, his friends were in there and he wanted to do something. He wanted to be able to say that he helped, that he was more than the man that chopped wood and wore a suit.

Unknown to the two, up the staircase there was a man slowly fighting a losing battle between life and death as he struggled to keep breathing.

•••
Diego's POV.

When I said to Rick that there were too many monsters to be able to fix the fence, I meant it. But like always he didn't listen. At least when daddy is here he does.

Now, me Rick and Carl were in the current situation of running from a bunch of monsters that broke the fence. Carl quickly picked me up and ran into the watch tower while Rick followed and he shoved the door shut.

"What do we do?" Carl questioned while setting me back on the floor.

Rick wiped the sweat off his head before shakily answering "Maybe I could back the bus up against the fence."

There was a small pause before Carl asked if it would hold. It probably wouldn't, cause there were too many of them. We walked out of the other side of the tower and the monsters began piling up against the fence. Rick checked me to make sure I still had the pistol he gave me and he nodded to himself before picking me up and running again. I think I need to remind him that I have legs.