Good Things Come from Bad Events

The water hit my body like a truck and I immediately plunged down towards the bottom. This was my biggest fear.
Well not drowning exactly but ocean predators. When I'm in the water or even sometimes in the pool the only thing I could think of are sharks, jellyfish, eels you name it. That's the only thing that crossed my mind. I didn't even care that I was freezing cold or that my hair was sopping wet. All I wanted was to get out of the water and as far away from those creatures as possible.
By now the campers were flooding into the docks and a couple were laughing at my soaking body. This was Jacob's plan all along. Push me into the water and embarrass me in front of everyone.
I swam to the ladder and hoisted myself up but Jacob pushed me back in.
"STOP!", I yelled. It was freezing cold and I thought I had seen a dorsal fin to the left of me.
"Jellyfish!", one of the boys yelled.
I frantically swam to the ladder that my brother wasn't blocking and tried to climb it but he pushed me back in.
"Jacob!", I yelled. "You know this is my worst fear, let me out!"
I was on the verge of tears and my brother could tell.
"Crap there's three of them.", he said pointing.
I screamed and tried to climb up again but he pushed me back into the water.
Silently a tear passed down my cheek. My cheeks burned. I hated crying, it was the worst form of embarrassment.
I hadn't cried in front of any of my brothers since I was 10.
I still remembered that day. I was at a basketball championship with my team. I was playing at nationals and my whole family was there cheering me on. Iwent to go in for a rebound but got blocked by a post who pushed me down. The only thing was I fell down on my knee twisting it backwards. My ankle was sprained and I had popped my knee out of its socket. My family had rushed to me and Nathan picked me up. I was trying so hard not to cry but it hurt so much.
4 years later and it hurt the same way. I was sopping wet, being faced with my biggest fear and worst of all my brother was being an ass in front of everyone and to me.
"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE, JACOB?" Cole yelled, shoving him to the side of the deck.
"You're her brother you ass hole!Go apologize or so help me I'll-" Nathan shook his head turning to face shoulder to shoulder with Jacob.
Jacob rolled his eyes, cutting off Nathan and placed a hand out for me to grab so I could be pulled up. I kindly accepted and pulled him into the water, dashing up the ladder and grabbing the towel in Logan's hand before sprinting up the forest trail only to run straight into Josh. Why do I keep doing that.
"Sorry about your brother."
"Thanks, Josh. I don't know what's gotten into him."
"If it makes you feel any better there weren't any jellyfish in the ocean. Your brother and those guys were just making it up to scare you."
I breathed a sigh of relief.
"A fear?", he asked.
I nodded.
"I'm scared of the water to. Well... In some ways. I can't handle drowning."
"Really?", I asked.
"Yup, and I'm deadly afraid of lady bugs."
"Josh you're such a girl.", I smiled.
"Hey!", he said playfully hitting my arm.
We reached the Corner field and he stopped and pointed.
"Big Dipper.", he whispered.
I looked up. He was right the stars were in perfect alignment above us.
Bringing my head down I took my focus off the stars when suddenly his lips touched mine.
I was so taken aback my breath caught in my chest. My body instantly heated with the warmth from his lips, and my freezing cold body ceased to exist. This was it. My first kiss.
"You two better stop smooching before you catch a cold.", said a voice interrupting us.
We both turned.
Oh no.