Leverage

So this chapter sucks because I wrote it in 5 mins and will edit soon to make it not suck eventually but just wanted to let you all know I'm not dead and will upload again shortly :) so sorry guys

Kiara being back had everyone on edge. And for once in my life, I wasn't stuck in the middle. I would've considered the outcome pretty good if you looked past the fact that I was still caught in the crossfire of Logan and Jacob's revenge.

"Get off of your brother, Kyle.", Nathan said calmly. "You're causing a scene."

Kyle gritted his teeth and attempted to give Jacob one last shove before Jacob caught his arm and twisted it backwards. "Remember who's older, Kylie.", he sneered.

Kyle shook his hand off of Jacob and glared his way back into the caf.

"Was that really necessary?", I rolled my eyes at the football captain.

"Don't get on my bad side, Emily. You're deep enough as it is."

Calling me by my full name was the first warning sign. I shrugged it off.

"Don't be late to practice tonight.", Nathan called over his shoulder before pushing out the front entrance.

Oh great, just what I needed.

"What was that all about?", Amy asked when I had returned.

"Nothing. I'll see you in Chem. I have to go to the gym before practice. Nathan's making us work extra hard ever since we lost that last game?"

"The one that was your fault?", Logan sneered as he walked passed us to throw a water bottle into the recycling.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't deny it. "Ya."

He nodded at me and walked out of the cafeteria.

"See you in chem."

***

I met Josh at the gym. Our school had a private encasement with metal machines, treadmills, yoga mats, and fitness balls. If I wasn't so busy with the 5 million other things I was juggling, I would've taken advantage of the modern space.

"10 minute run", he asked.

I shook my head. "At least half an hour. I need to run to get all this crap off of my mind."

He nodded at me and we jumped on binding treadmills. About 20 minutes in I started to sweat and he smiled.

"It's only been 6 miles. What are you, slacking?"

I blushed at his taunt and picked up the pace.

"Last time I checked I'm still 740 steps in front of you."

Josh doubled on the screen and reddened as his feet quickened their pace.

"See that's the cute boy I told you about."

My eyes widened at the comment and I tripped over my feet flailing behind me to the ground. Josh immediately jumped into action and fell beside me to lift me up.

"See what I mean? Heroic.", the voice purred again.

I whipped my head at the sound of the voice. Turning behind me I saw a blonde girl wearing a short dress with pleated leather heels. Kiera?