Chapter 12

Conner's POV

I followed along with Evan as we headed to the empty part of the woods. I was a little bit nervous of what he was going to tell me. Was this his final answer to my confession?

We finally made it to the spot near a small creek and we sat down on a big rock. For a moment it was silent and all I could hear was the water flowing from the creek. I look over at Evan and see how tense he was.

"Evan, you alright?" He jolted up a little and turned to me. "Oh um yeah- em... ok let me just..." he let out a big sigh and turned to stare into my eyes.

"Connor I've been thinking nonstop about what you told me. At first I was confused but happy, I realized I did haha be feeling for you... But I was scared... you've already heard about how bad my last relationship was so it still haunts me. Though... I know you're different..."

He stopped for a second and reached his hand towards mine. He held onto it softly, I felt my heart beat faster so I held his hand a little tighter. "I know you really care about me, you want to protect me, and would never do anything bad to me. So... I really do want to be in a relationship with you Connor. I just want to go slow ok..."

I felt a lump in my throat and my eyes get watery. "Really?" He nodded his head yes and I went in to give him a hug. "I'll promise we'll go on your pace. I don't want to make you uncomfortable so tell me if I go out of line."

I hear Evan let out a small laugh as he hugs me back. "So far I feel safe in your arms." Oh my god he actually said yes. So we are officially a couple, I've never been so happy before. I pull away from the hug and look into Evan's blue eyes.

"It is ok if I kiss you Evan?" I see his face turn so red as he hides his face in my chest. "That's so embarrassing that you asked?..." I let out a chuckle as I ruffled his hair. "I just want to make sure you're ok with it"

He looks up at me again with his cute pouting face. "It's ok since it's you..." Jesus is he says stuff like that he's going to make my heart burst. "Why thank you"

I lean in slowly as I cup Evan's face up close to me. We stare at each other for a moment before I close my eyes and go in for the kiss. I didn't want to scare him so I went slow, and gently played with his hair.

I could hear him pant and feel him tug onto my shirt. As we lean out to breathe I look at how cute his face looked all hot and bothered. "Can we stop... I'm getting tired..." he was clenching my shirt really hard and panting a lot.

"Sorry I got caught in the moment" I gave him one last kiss on his cheek and got up. "Let's head back now" Evan nodded and I offered him my hand. He looked at it and smiled at me. He then reached toward it and we held hands as we walked back to the camp.