Chapter 11

•Evan's POV•

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I mean how could I, my mind was racing. I kept thinking about Connor's confession more and more. That constantly made my heart race, and my face heat up. Making me consider maybe, just maybe I want to be together with him.

I mean it sounded wonderful, but I was still scared for some reason. But I know he is nothing like Jared. He wouldn't hurt me or take advantage of me. I trust him, but somehow I was still anxious. Good fern why is this so complicated?

I decided to just get up since it was finally morning, and there was no use of me trying to fall asleep. I had tasks to do anyways, hopefully they could distract me. I quietly got up to not disturb Jeremy and Rich, and quickly changed.

I took a quick look in the mirror and let out a sigh of relief. The bruise has finally faded away, so that it was not so noticeable. I can finally wear my favorite blue shirt now. After I finished changing I headed to my mom's office.

As I walked in my mom's office she was already up and about. "Oh good morning Evan! You're up really early." I let out a nervous laugh and try not to get in her way. "Yeah couldn't really sleep." My mom let out a concerned aww and came over to me.

"Well eat some breakfast, that should give you some energy." She put some item that she had in her arms down, as she took a sip of her coffee. "Alright I will." I go over to her little kitchen and noticed some muffins, yay my favorite chocolate chip.

I then got a mug and but instant decaf coffee, since caffeine makes my anxiety shoots through the roof and I don't feel like getting all jittery. "So how is Connor liking the camp?" I almost slipped hot water all over the counter as I was shocked by my mom's question. "Um h-he's really enjoying himself..." I then start to add creamer to my coffee though my hands were sort of shaking.

"Is he single?" I jolt up again almost dropping the creamer bottle. "MOM!" I knew it she noticed. "Come on Evan its mother incidence. I see the way he looks at you. The way you look at him. It's very adorable."

I turn away to hide my blushing face as I stir my coffee. "Come on Evan i'm sorry if I embarrassed you. But I know I'm right so why don't you give it a shot?" I took a small sip of my coffee as I contemplated.

"I don't know mom relationships aren't really my strong suit." My mom walked up to me and patted my back. "Sweetie that's totally fine. But it's all about the experience, you don't want to regret not giving it a try in the future. You're young do dumb things make memories, just don't go too crazy promise."

I let out a small laugh and nodded, I mean she is right. Maybe I should give this a chance. What can possibly go wrong. "You really think it will go well?"

"Evan I've seen how Connor really cares about you. I think he would treat you very well." I start to blush even more as I ate my breakfast. "God, I can't help but squish that little face of yours when you get all flustered!"

My mom then reaches over and squish my cheeks together, making me start to laugh. I tried to push my mom's hands away, since I was losing my breath from laughing. "Ok Ok mom please stop I can't breath!"

"Alright I'm done playing around. Now remember, don't overwork yourself, I know you haven't been able to hang out with your friends lately." Oh fern she does know everything.

"Ok I promise, I'm going to head out to do my morning task." My mom waved me goodbye as I walked out of the office. As I walked to the main part of camp, I saw more campers starting to head to the cafeteria.

Maybe Jeremy is up too, I'm very curious what happened between him and Micheal last night. I really hope they didn't get into a fight or anything, ok enough overthinking for the morning.

Ok Evan relax everything is going to be fine, breathe. When I walk inside the cafeteria I see Jeremy and Michael sitting close to each other. Very close... oh my fern are they dating?! Wow I'm happy for them, but the more I looked over at them I felt a pain in my chest. Was I yearning for that with Connor? Could we be happy like them?

I mean my mom was right Connor does care about me. Maybe... just maybe I want to give it a try... As soon as I thought about that my face begins to blush and I start to get embarrassed. I suddenly walked out of the cafeteria since I felt so embarrassed.

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going. That I bumped into someone and almost fell. "You really need to watch where you're going Evan" I look up and see Connor. Oh fern I've really done it this time.

"Umm yeah... I really should..." GAH THAT WAS AWKWARD SOMEBODY KILL ME!!! "Did you eat breakfast already Evan?" I look up at Connor and nodded. "D-did you eat breakfast?"

He nodded yes as well. Wow this was even more awkward then before. Though I had an urge to tell him that I actually would like being in a relationship with him. "Connor! Umm can I talk to you more privately now. I mean if you have time."

"Oh umm yeah sure I'm free now" I'm praying to all the gods I don't get a panic attack while I tell him.

A/N

Wow... how long has it been... sorry. Again I had technically difficulties with my old phone that I couldn't get on wattpad. BUT NOW I HAVE A NEW PHONE SO HA NOW I CAN FINALLY UPDATE WOOO