- 9 -

Luca had been gracious enough to give me my space today, locking himself away in his study to attend to business. He had passed me only once, taking in every inch of my exposed skin the high cut bikini bottoms allowed.

After a tossing night of restless sleep I decided to spend my day unwinding on the sun deck. It was a balmy day, stiff breeze blowing lazily through the trees. I had a chilled mule sitting ready for consumption in the cabana, and soft Russian pop filtered through surround sound speakers.

The water ran cold over my head as I breached the surface. It washed down my face, dripping from my lashes, rolling down hot skin. I readjusted the bandeau top of my swimsuit, my free fingers wrapping around the ladder of the pool. I pulled myself from the water and set towards my basking chair leaving sizzling footsteps on the concrete.

I wrung my hair, tousling a hand through it's knotted waves. I laid on my chair, sun baking the moisture from my skin.

I admired my body now, flat stomach picking up the smallest kiss of color, slender legs 9 miles long adorned by golden anklets and a white pedicure. Long red nails against tanning hands. My freckles had begun to set in, white hair glowing effervescently against the Italian sun.

In beauty standards I was hot. In my own standards I was flawed. As much as I liked my body and all it's given me, there was just as much as I detested.

A size 4 instead of a 2. Breasts too large and hips too wide. My waist was pinched, but my thighs were more round for my liking. A body plagued by years of abuse and toxic eating.

Chills erupted over my skin now. It was easy for me to fall into this dark place.

I laid there motionlessly for twenty minuets, letting the sun envelop me in a blanket of bliss. When the tops of my shoulders began to feel uncomfortable I sat up, wrapping a large towel around me.

I retreated into the shade of the cabana and took a sip of my sweating drink.

"Imelda asked me to bring you this."

I turned at the familiar voice.

Salvador stood, offering me a bowl teeming with glistening fruits. I took it eagerly, taking a handsome grasp.

"Oh how she knows me"

I said smiling. I reached over the bar, producing a nearly full bottle of La Mer broad lotion. 

"Would you mind?"

I asked him, extending the bottle to him. He looked at it hesitantly.

"It's only sun lotion, it wont bite you."

I remarked offering him a soft grin. Finally he took it, dispelling a good amount into his palms.

It was frigid on my scorched shoulders, my body jumping at the sensation. I brushed my hair away scooping it into an upheaval on my head. He worked the lotion in with a firm massage, my muscles relaxing at the touch. His fingertips grazed the side of my breast and my eyes fluttered open slightly.

An accident, I assured softly. 

The massaging had stopped, and the looming presence of him was eerie now. I looked back at him, blonde brow arched in concern. His hands were on me, dipping into the recess of my top.

"Stop it."

I said standing, knocking the bar stool over. I turned to him eyes steeled on his face.

"What are you doing?"

I hissed.

He stood silently, sizing me up. I was waiting for the bashful recall, claiming nerves or a misunderstanding of my advance.