04 | 𝘍𝘈𝘓𝘚𝘌 𝘋𝘖𝘊𝘜𝘔𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘚

THEY ENDED UP TAKING SHELTER in the recently abandoned laboratory, each of them occasionally taking watch throughout the remainder of the night

THEY ENDED UP TAKING SHELTER in the recently abandoned laboratory, each of them occasionally taking watch throughout the remainder of the night. When daylight hit, they were on the move...

...to the closest restaurant they could find because they were hungry. 

Through Sakura's insistence, they ended up eating at this 'French' cuisine cafe that she thought was cute. White tables and counters, lace tablecloths, and baby pink walls; Sakura was in love with it. Kakashi and Gaara... not so much, but they just couldn't say no to her. 

"This is a nice place, isn't it?" Sakura smiled pleasantly as she looked at her surroundings. 

"Yeah..." Kakashi replied weakly whereas Gaara just gave a stiff nod. 

The food was good, at least. Though whatever Sakura ordered look like it could give her diabetes from just a single bite. He was pretty sure it was called 'Nutella crepes with bananas and strawberries', but right now he could just see the Nutella while the fruits were nowhere in sight.

He and Gaara decided to play it safe and order something they were at least familiar with: pancakes. However, the amount of pancakes they were given was more than they had ever gotten in one sitting. It was a whole stack of five with a little too much butter and syrup. He truly worried about the people of this world's health if this was considered normal. 

Once they (somehow) managed to eat all their food and gulp down glasses of water to get rid of the sweetness stuck to their throats, it was time to plan their next step. 

"Sakura," Kakashi began. "You said one of the women spoke about a Doctor sending a 'Nomu' to UA?"

She nodded. "Once the term starts, yes." 

"UA being that hero school we read about... Hmm... Well, I have a simple solution to our current predicament." He stated, giving them his signature eye-crinkle. 

"What?" Sakura leaned in eagerly. 

"Sakura-chan, you should attend UA." 

If she was drinking something, she would've spat it out. "WHAT?!" 

Several customers glanced her way but she paid them no attention. 

He waved his hand in a placating manner. "Maa, maa, Sakura-chan, you'd make an excellent student!" 

"No way, sensei, that's a terrible idea! Plus, who knows when UA will start! You want us to wait that long?" She exclaimed. 

"We don't have a choice." He said simply. "We're in a completely foreign world where 80% of the population has what we would call a Kekkei Genkai. The people who brought us here have all but disappeared and the only clue we have is that one of their 'Doctors' will be sending a 'Nomu' to UA once the term begins. Finding that Nomu could possibly lead us to where we need to go next."