08 | 𝘗𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘏𝘈𝘐𝘙𝘌𝘋 𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘓

NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ALEXA read aloud one of the juiciest chapters of Fifty Shades of Grey was enough to get Sakura out of Kakashi's head

NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ALEXA read aloud one of the juiciest chapters of Fifty Shades of Grey was enough to get Sakura out of Kakashi's head. Gaara had long since stopped asking (read: begging) him to shut it down and had retreated to the backyard to train with his sand, leaving Kakashi completely alone in the house since Sakura was out at school. 

You see, he had been feeling really down lately and it wasn't because of this whole displaced-in-a-new-world issue (though it was part of the reason), but it was because he couldn't get that scene of Gaara and Sakura talking to each other like close friends at the poolside out of his head. They hadn't even realized that he was there, watching them from the balcony. Too distracted with each other to notice. 

It was a good thing he didn't have the Sharingan anymore, he didn't think he could handle witnessing that scene with the incredible clarity that eye would've given him. 

Kakashi loved Sakura, and seeing her sitting so close to Gaara hurt almost as much as seeing her grow depressed over Sasuke. He knew it was wrong to pine over her—especially since she only thought of him as a 'sensei'—but hey, the heart wants what it wants and for the past several years, it's been yearning for Sakura. 

It was why he was silent on her wedding day, why his smile didn't reach his eyes at the news of her pregnancy, and why he couldn't help but feel elated and angry at the same time when Sasuke left for his mission all those years ago. 

Kakashi loved Sarada too—not romantically of course, but he truly did start seeing her as a daughter. And he knew that she also started to see him as a father... 

Kakashi briefly wondered if he should leave Mr. Ukki II under Sakura's care. The Uchiha Manor was filled with plants of all kindssucculents, cacti, roses, peonies, etc. etc and they were all flourishing beautifully under Sakura's love. He was sure if he left Mr. Ukki II with her, he would bloom just as wonderfully. 

Just as he was wandering around the living room admiring the flora, his foot grew dangerously close to one of little Sarada's toys: a small figurine of a unicorn with a pointed gold horn and a rainbow mane. 

He lifted his foot, casting a large shadow over the figurine and as he stepped down, the golden horn dug deep into the fleshy and sensitive part of his arch. He let loose an embarrassingly high-pitched yelp when it happened and jumped about three feet into the air to get away from the attacker. 

He glared at the offensive thing while nursing his foot tenderly. He couldn't believe it. Kakashi of the Sharingan, fearsome Jounin, and the sixth Hokage of Konohagakuredefeated by a toy unicorn with a golden horn, rainbow mane, and ridiculous smile.

Before he could open his mouth and spat curses at the goddamn thing, he spotted the four year old little girl standing at the bottom of the staircase. 

He straightened up immediately, "Sarada-chan, isn't it nap time for you?"

"Not sleepy," she mumbled tiredly. "When's mama coming home?"