03 | 𝘓𝘈𝘞 𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘒𝘌𝘙𝘚

KAKASHI THOUGHT THIS WORLD WAS

KAKASHI THOUGHT THIS WORLD WAS... weird. The infrastructure of each building he saw was too big, the smell was god awful, and some of the civilians here could put Hoshigaki Kisame to shame with how outlandish they looked. Then there was the whole issue with the lack of chakra. How was such a thing even possible? All these people should be dead and—

He was getting a headache from dealing with this. He'd have to ask Sakura to heal it later. Speaking of the rosette, he wondered how she was coping with this. The three of them had parted ways to gather intel, but he wouldn't blame her if her mind kept drifting back to Sarada.

He wouldn't be surprised if his hair were to start from falling off from how worried he was. What happened to Sarada? Did she get sucked into the wormhole too? Or was she okay?

She was probably back home, safe and sound, but scared out of her mind. Those scientists that kidnapped them would've mentioned bringing in a fourth 'alien'.

With that thought in mind, Kakashi was able to stroll around with a slightly calmer peace of mind.

"You guys can't believe what I've learned!" It was Sakura who spoke first as they gathered at their designated meeting place, the fountain at some random park. She was breathless, but both men doubted it was from physical exhaustion. The exuberant look on her face told them that she had learned something quite interesting.

"It's amazing, I almost didn't believe it, but there was so much information and—"

"—Sakura-chan," Kakashi sweetly interrupted. "What did you learn?"

She recovered quickly, a sheepish look on her face. "Sorry. Anyways, I found out that this world is so much more bigger than ours! There's nearly 200 countries with their own languages and we're in the one called Japan, specifically, Musutafu City like the lady had told us. But the most amazing thing are these abilities called 'Quirks'. According to this encyclopedia, it's this superhuman power that a person can have—like a Kekkei Genkai! It was initially called Meta Abilities but they changed it to 'Quirks'. After people started to grow used to having them, some people with Quirks used their abilities to break the law while others used their Quirks to stop them. This created an actual profession where Pro Heroes would fight the criminals, or villains. Today it's become a really popular career and there are now 80% of people in the world with Quirks while the remaining 20% are Quirkless."

She finally stopped, gazing at them expectantly with a beaming grin on her face.

Kakashi scratched the back of his head. "Well... damn. That's more than what I found out."

"Where did you learn all this?" Gaara wondered aloud.

"I went to the library." She said, as if the answer should've been obvious, and honestly, it really should have been.

"Oh."

"So what did you guys learn?"

"Pretty much the same thing. Just... less detailed." Kakashi said, his shoulders slumped in defeat.