2: How Complicated is this School?

"You nervous?" Si Yang patted my shoulder, consoling me. At least attempting to.

We were on the public bus on the way to Yu Qing High School, it was a new week and I felt sleepy. Although, my nerves were overriding that sense. And when you're tired and jumpy at the same time, it's a messy feeling. The scenery rolled past us as the bumpy bus carried us along. I was wearing my black jeans and a t-shirt, with my grey hoodie over it. Si Yang was wearing his school uniform, which I must say, I loved the design of it. It looked very professional, like the students wearing it had that educated aura around them. I couldn't wait to have my own uniform soon.

"Of course," I said. I stuffed my hands into my pockets, a habit that occurs when I'm anxious. I let out a nervous laugh suddenly, startling Si Yang.

"Why are you laughing?" Si Yang had an amused look in his eyes.

"I'm scared, okay?" I defended. "My Mandarin skills are rusty, and now all lessons will be taught in Mandarin, I'm afraid I might not catch up, and that people will make fun of me..."

"Yue En, when I tell you you're going to do well, you are," Si Yang assured firmly. "Just act confident, you'll be okay,"

"Mhm," I nodded, not taking any of his advice. Acting confident doesn't help me to be confident. And what if people think I'm being overconfident and too arrogant? "Hey Si Yang, what class am I in?"

"2B, I checked this morning." Si Yang confirmed. "Huh, you're in the same class as those two troublemakers..."

"Troublemakers? Who are they?"

"Qiao Chen and Bai Yang," Si Yang sighs.

"Oh! The two juniors of yours who always fight over the most trivial things?" I asked, recalling the details Si Yang had narrated to me during the past months over calls while I was overseas.

"Yeah, you'll soon find out why," Si Yang said, as the bus rolled to a stop. The school was just a distance away, and I could see its tall buildings dominating the whole scene.

"Let's go," Si Yang led me out of the bus doors, and I followed behind.

♡♡♡

"We part ways here," Si Yang said.

"You just have to make things so dramatic, huh?" I rolled my eyes. "If you want me to leave, just tell me so."

We stood in front of the Yu Qing entrance but hidden in a corner in the shade to not let students notice us.

"Alright, fine. Now leave." Si Yang told me, then strolled away from the shaded corner.

"Wait!" I called out, "You haven't told me how to find my classroom 2B."

"Just go up the stairs to the third level, you'll find it eventually." Si Yang said. "I trust you know the way back to my apartment, you don't need to change between buses or anything--"

"I get it!" I groaned. "Seriously, Si Yang, stop treating me like I'm eight years old, I'm just a year younger than you."

Si Yang chuckled. "I have to see to some matters with Coach Qi Na, see you after school, Yue En,"

"See you!"

I stepped out of the shade, and I saw Si Yang's back view already some distance away towards the gate.

I got this, I thought determinedly, just don't get into any trouble today, you'll be okay.