Volume 2 Ep. 4 - Operation Dance Dance

On The Way To The Dance>>>
Y/N

'I can't believe I lost my suit!' I scolded as I continued to teleport off and on. 'I wasted time buying a new one...' I inwardly claimed as I saw the building. On the way there, I saw a neatly dressed Ruby struggling to stand straight in heels.

"Ruby!" I called after her. She turned to me and waved at me. "Hey! Y/N! You -- Where's your suit?" Ruby queried as I stopped in front of her. "I lost it so I had to buy one in Vale..." I panted and caught my breath. "Ohhh..." Ruby let out. "Ready to go in then?" Ruby asks me. I deadpanned.

"Yeah, let's go in with my uniform on." I sarcastically spoke. "Oh, you'll be fine, Y/N! You can just change in the bathroom." Ruby tells me as she pushes the door open.

I hold the door for her as she wobbles into the room. "Oh, you look beautiful!" Yang exclaims as she runs towards Ruby and hug her. Ruby groaned in response. "I'll be back..." I claimed as I ran into the restroom and changed into the suit.

. . .

"Doesn't look too bad..." I muttered to myself as I slick my hair back with water.

"Time to go out

"Time to go out..." I sighed and exited the restroom. I came out to see many students dancing together hand-in-hand. "Y/N!" I heard someone call for me. I turn to my right and saw both Yang and Ruby walk over me. They both nod as I looked at them confused.

"What? Do I look funny?" I asked them. "You look better than you did coming in here." Yang pointed out as I gave it to her. "You two have fun alright? I'm gonna head back to welcoming guests." Yang said as she waves. I turn away from her as I notice the punch table.

"Want some punch?" I ask Ruby. "Of course." She responded and starts to wobble towards the table. I kept pace with her. "Ruby, you know, you could just remove the heel, right?" I suggested as she nodded.

"I could... but these aren't mine..." She confessed as she continued to wobble. I served her punch and served myself. "Stupid lady stilts!" I heard Ruby curse under her breath.

"Not enjoying yourself, Ms. Rose?" A familiar voice let out as we both turn to see Father. "Oh, no, everything's fine! I'm just not much of a fancy pantsy... dancey girl." Ruby responded.

"What about you Mr. Y/N. I've heard that you know how to dance." Father let out as I promised myself to poison his coffee sooner or later. I heard Ruby gasp. "You know how to dance, Y/N?" Ruby asks me in disbelief.

"Yeah..." I sheepishly respond as I heard her squeal. "Well, you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield, even if you may want to." Father let out. Ruby then crosses her arms.

" If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked, although one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot." Father connected. "Or a twisted ankle." Ruby added.