Volume 1 Ep. 6 - A Given Title & Birds

Beacon Academy
Y/N

"Ozpin made a mistake." I heard a voice inquire. 'Father made a mistake?' I queried as I followed the voice. I turn on a hallway and saw Ruby. I tapped her shoulder to gain her attention.

At my touch, she turned towards me. Her eyes widen. "Y/N? Wh -- What are you doing here?" She lets out. "I heard that Professor Ozpin made a mistake. Is that true?" I ask her as she looked down at guilt.

"Y/N... be honest with me, okay?" Ruby started as I nodded. "Do you think me being a leader of Team RWBY was a mistake?" Ruby asks me. "Professor Ozpin would likely say... That remains to be seen." I chuckled to myself as I saw that it didn't help her.

I dropped my smile. "Sorry..." I apologized as she shook her head. "You were trying to make me feel better... you shouldn't apologize for that." Ruby claimed as I nodded. "Ruby, it's only your first day. No one will expect you to be amazing on the first day. People make mistakes and I can say that I have made my own mistakes, as well. Even Professor Ozpin himself." I assured her.

"I believe being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly." I continued. "If you're not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?" I queried as I watched her think for a minute... until she finally smiled.

"Professor Ozpin has burdened you with an appalling responsibility, Ruby. I think you should take your time and think about how you will uphold it." I finished as I give her a reassuring smile.

She smiles as she nods enthusiastically. "Thank you, Y/N! You've been a great help! I won't let my team or any of my friends down! I promise!" She exclaimed as she ran to who knows where.

I felt a presence walking up to me from behind. I turned and saw Father sipping out of his mug as he walks to me. "Wise words, Y/N." Father commented as he stopped in front of me. "Thank you for the comment." I thanked him.

"But, Y/N, you, too, hold a daunting responsibility. It is up to you on how you will carry on that task and deliver it." Father inquired as I looked at him confused. He simply takes a sip out of his mug and makes his way out of the hallway.

Y/N's Dorm>>>

I heaved a sigh as I slid down the door. "Finally done..." I muttered as I looked at my new dorm.

I stood back up and stretched my back. I unconsciously yawned and rub my eyes.

"Gotta go to bed now..." I muttered again as I drop onto my bed knocked out.

The Next Day>>>
Auditorium

'Cardin's still in the green... but Jaune on the other hand...' I noted as I noticed that he was deathly close to red. I looked at the new combatants, Cardin rests his mace on his shoulder as Jaune was panting.

Cardin laughs seeing Jaune's exhausted state. Jaune then gets back up and charges towards him, sword up. Cardin easily dodges him to the side. Cardin brings his mace up and swings down on him.

"Woah!" Jaune cries as he is flung onto the ground. He drops his shield along the way. Jaune gets back up as he charges again and holds his sword with both of his hands. He brings it down as Cardin blocks it with his mace.

Cardin easily overpowers him and pushes on the sword. "This is the part where you lose." Cardin taunts. "Over my dead -- oof!" Jaune was cut off as Cardin knees him in the stomach.

Jaune grasps his stomach as he slowly falls to the ground. As Cardin was about to bring his mace down on Jaune, the buzzer sounds. Signaling the end of the match.