Volume 2 Ep. 2 - A Simple Spar

Dormitory
Y/N

"Y/N. Keep an eye on Ms. Rose and Ms. Nikos."

Those words repeated over and over and over in my head. It played like a broken stereo. "Why do I have to keep an eye on them...? I understand Ruby because she's one of the youngest students to be accepted... but why Pyrrha?" I queried.

"Could it perhaps be about that...?" I let out as I kept walking. "No... it can't be. But what if it is?" I continued as a battle ensued in my head. "Woah!" I yelped as I bumped into something. I looked up and stared into grey eyes.

"Watch where you're going, pipsqueak." The boy told me as he pushed me away. "Hey, be nice, Mercury." A voice let out as I saw a green-haired girl walk up next to him. I noticed that they were wearing Haven Academy uniforms.

"Are you guys visiting from Haven?" I queried. "Yes, we are." The green-haired girl replied. I glared at the gray-eyed boy. "Well, your guys' dormitory is just east of here." I informed them. "I guess we took a wrong turn." A different voice let out as another girl walks in.

"Sorry, about that." The black-haired girl apologized. "Oh, don't worry. It happens all the time." I assured them. "Well, we'll be going, pipsqueak." Mercury says as he starts to walk off. I frowned as I watched him walk off.

"Sorry about my teammate, he's just... you know..." The green-haired girl apologized in his place. "Well, I'll see you guys at the festival. Have fun in Vale while you're at it." I let out as I watched them walk away.

"We will, and... thank you." The black-haired girl appreciated as they disappeared. I stood there for a couple more seconds until my feet started to move on its own towards my dorm.

'What a crazy day...' I thought to myself.

The Next Day>>>
Glynda's Class

"Ugh..." Cardin groans. "And that's the match." Glynda called as Cardin collapses on the ground. "Well done Ms. Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." She complimented Pyrrha.

"Thank you, Professor." Pyrrha replied. "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers?" Glynda announces to the students. My eyes wander around the students and saw them hesitating.

"Ms. Belladona?" Glynda calls to her. The Faunus girl slams her book and looks down at her. "You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -- "

"I'll do it." A voice cut in. I looked toward the voice and saw it was Mercury, the boy from Haven. "Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Glynda started. I noticed him galnce over at me and smiled. "Actually, I wanna fight... him." He tells Glynda as he points towards me. "And... her." He says as he points to Pyrrha.

"I'm afraid Ms. Nikos has just finished the match. You may go up against Mr. Y/N." Glynda responds. "No, it's fine!" Pyrrha obliged. Glynda looks up at me as she waited for my reaction.

"I'd be happy to oblige." I let out. Both Mercury and I walk into the arena. I stood next to Pyrrha and took out my sticks. "What's the plan, Y/N?" I heard Pyrrha ask as I size him up. I noticed him doing the same.

"Nothing yet... we'll have to wait and see. Let's just look for weak points." I planned as she nodded. I attached my sticks together and gripped onto my staff. I lowered my stance and waited for the match to start.

.

.

.

Mercury charges towards us. Pyrrha jumps in front and brings her shield up and slashes up at him. Mercury nearly dodges and lands on the floor. I jumped over Pyrrha and swing my staff at him. He blocks it with his knee as he jumps into the air and kicks it away.

I ducked and rolled below him as he delivered an ax kick. I swung my staff behind me and attempted to sweep him off his feet. 'Woah!" He yelped as he falls onto the ground. I held my staff above his head.

"Nice one, Shorty!" He complimented as he kicked himself up. I jumped back and stopped next to Pyrrha. "His shoes are metal, Pyrrha. I let out before charging again.

Before he could deliver another kick, I teleported behind him and kicked him in the back. "Oof!" He groaned as he rolled towards Pyrrha. He regains his balance as he runs at Pyrrha. I watch as she brings her shield up.

It went unnoticed as she used her semblance to drive Mercury off balance. The said boy scuttled onto the ground. I looked over at Pyrrha as we both nod. "Haaahhh!" We simultaneously cry out as we charged at the defenseless Mercury.

"I forfeit." We heard him say. Both Pyrrha and I stop our advances, abruptly. "You, don't even want to try?" Pyrrha gasps. "What's the point?" He started and points at Pyrrha. "You're a world-renowned fighter, and you," He said as he pointed at me.

"You blew me away. You're just like a beetle. Small, but deadly." He complimented. "You two combined, you can beat any Grimm that gets in your way." He continued. I sighed as I detached my staff and put them away.

"In that case, Pyrrha Nikos and Y/N are the victors of the match." Glynda announced. "Next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent." She lectured Mercury.

"I'll be sure to do that." He nonchalantly replies and starts to walk off the arena. I crossed my arms in confusion. The buzzer beeps shortly after. "That is all for today. And remember the dance is this weekend, but you all have your first mission on Monday." Glynda announced as students leave the class.

I let out a sigh as I starred at the last place where Mercury stood. "He's bad news..." I muttered under my breath.

Beacon Academyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें