Epilogue

When I woke up Harry was in my room. My chest felt like it was on fire. 

"You're okay," He said. "God... You're okay." 

"What happened?" I asked, my voice was rough. I looked around and noticed Niall and Zayn were also in the room. 

"You had surgery, Lou. You h-have a new heart now," Harry said. He told Zayn to get my doctor, to tell him that I'm awake now. That's when I remembered something. 

"No," I gasped. I tried to sit up but I was still too weak. "Liam... It was him." I started to panic. "LIAM COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT." Then people were touching me and a needle was being pushed into my neck. I felt like a fish out of water as I gasped to try and stay awake. How could Liam have done that? I couldn't keep fighting the drugs. I eventually fell asleep. 

-

Louis, 

Because you won't let Harry give you his heart, I'm giving you mine. I don't want you to die. No one does and I feel like you can do something great if you're still alive. 
I want you to find a cure. I don't want other people to go through what you're going through. You're my brother, I love you so much. Please don't give up. Live for me. Okay? 
Also, please tell Zayn I love him. I don't have the courage to do that. I'm sorry... 

Love always, Liam. Xxx. 

I read the letter over and over again. It doesn't seem real. In my head, Liam is still alive and should be visiting me. I'm leaving the hospital in a few days, and I'm not ready to do anything. Apparently Liam didn't tell any of the boys his plan until it was too late to stop him. 

When we leave the hospital there are pepole outside yelling my name, asking where Liam is and so much more. It was when we finally got home that reality hit me.  

Liam was dead. 

His mum came to visit me, we cried together. Then we started doing research, we started looking for a cure like Liam wanted. I also told Liam's mum about his love for Zayn, asking her when it would be best to tell Zayn. 

Karen helped me tell him that night. There were so many tears that night that I passed out from it all. I woke up in Harry's arms the next morning. 

And now here I am, three years later standing in front of so many people accepting an award for finding a cure. All for Liam, I finally found a cure for Perelumn. I'm so happy I had this opportunity. There are so many nights, though, so many nights when I miss Liam so much. But now he's a part of me. And he always will be. 

I feel like the end sucks. 
sorry. X