70: Awkward Moments Never Cease

Start from the beginning

“Yes he does.” Kale said and my eyes shot to him. What? “He doesn’t like that you live here with me. Always worrying about the worst that could happen.”

“And that is?” I asked my eyes narrowing. Jakeson didn’t like me living here for my own mental safety. It had nothing to do with me, just Kale’s bad attitude.

“Well I do have a reputation.” he winked smugly over at the girl who giggled and blushed, instantly looking away.

Oh that cocky asshole! “Oh well that’s just silly!” I laughed trying to contain my annoyance. “I’m not the slightest bit interested in you. Jakeson knows that.” I said Jakeson’s name as lovey dovey as I could.

Just because one fucking time I kissed you back doesn’t mean you own me. Doesn’t mean you control me. It doesn’t mean anything. I’ve got a boyfriend. I’m happy. The games are up. my mind fumed angrily as his face flashed into an unreadable emotion for a moment before returning to his usual cocky grin. “So you say-“

“Actually Jakeson is coming to dinner tonight.” I interrupted him. “I figured he should meet my mother since we’re getting so close. It’s a big step you know.”

“Really?!” the girl squealed from beside me. “That’s so cute!”

I nodded grinning evilly at how angered Kale seemed. Pissed my prince will be in your damned castle Kale? Well to damned bad! “Yeah, we had it planned for a week now.”

“I can’t wait to tell Kayla!” the girl hugged me as if she knew me and I stiffened uncomfortably in her grasp. “This is fantastic!”

What is wrong with Kale’s choice in girls? I wondered as I looked at her as she squeezed me again. “Fantastic?”

She nodded enthusiastically, narrowly missing butting heads with me. “Yeah. He’s never been like a serious dater before. Meeting the parents is a biiiiiiiiig step! It’s like going from dating to being steady!”

Kale scoffed but I ignored it. I’d never thought of it like that before. “Well yeah. I guess that is great then.”

“It is!” she agreed again then let go of me, blushing again as she realized she’d been holding on to me. “Is he a good kisser? I always wondere-“

“I’m standing right fucking here.” Kale interrupted roughly and we both snapped our eyes over to him. He stood glaring. I smirked happily that he was getting jealous over Jakeson again.

“Sorry.” she blushed crimson and looked down at her feet. “I wasn’t being serious.” she added mortified that she’d just said that in front of Kale.

I chuckled and shook my head. “It’s even better than you imagined.” I winked at her and she blushed even deeper and I could hear Kale practically growl. “But don’t worry Kale-“ I turned to him and smirked. “she won’t find out. After all he’s mine to be kissing.”

Being mocked by me seemed to push him over the edge and I could see his jaw tense and his eyes narrow dangerously as though wanting to yell something at me. But he couldn’t, not with her there. “Well I’m going in.” I told the girl and wrapped the towel around my hair instead of my body. “Have fun with your friend.” I told Kale with a smile as I walked past him and into the house. The second I made it to my room I locked my door and called Jakeson still smiling like crazy.

He answered and for a long while I laid on my bed in my swimming suit too happy to be talking to him to care it was getting my bedding wet. “So tonight then?” I asked buzzing warmly inside as the conversation about going to the nature reserve to make him help me with photography died down.

“I’ll be there a little early if you don’t mind?”

“Not at all.” I smiled. He was always on time. Always considerate. Always sweet. Always so perfectly Jakeson.

“Good. I want to have enough time to have you as an appetizer.” I laughed as he gave a low chuckle. “Well I’ll call when I’m here babe.”

“Okay.” I nodded even though he couldn’t see me.

“Muah?”

“Muah.” I blew him back an air kiss through the phone and grinned like an idiot. It was a stupid thing we did but I didn’t mind. It was better than the awkward silence before hanging up where you know you should say something sweet but didn’t want to use the ‘L word.’

I looked up and noticed Kale standing in my doorway watching me. When my eyes met his he seemed to slowly realize that he’d been watching me. “Hey.”

Hey? Is that really all he had to say? He’s been standing here watching me like some creep and that is all he has to say? “Uhm… what do you need?”

For a long moment he stood just watching me with an unreadable expression. “I didn’t mean anything by it.” he said finally as though fighting himself for what to say.

“What?”

“Saying he doesn’t like you here.”

I quirked an eyebrow. Boy is this kid weird? “Whatever.”

“So he’s coming for dinner?” he asked, I nodded and he ran his hand over his hair. “Does this mean I have to start being civil?”

I let out a laugh and eyed him like he was insane. He had to be. “You civil?”

He shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets. “I can try. If he’s going to be my brother in law and all.”

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “Whatever Kale.”

Without warning he shot me a little smile and stepped up to my bedside, staring down at me. “Do you hate me?”

“What?”

Kale gave a little sigh and shook his head as though he had a little internal war going on. Okay paging doctor sanity. Please give Kale a much overdo checkup. “Nothing. Can I sit down?”

I gaped up at him but nodded slowly. Maybe he’s worn out from whtever fun he was having in the pool? “Yeah. I guess so.”

He nodded and sat on the bed looking over at me. I shifted uncomfortably having just realized I was still in my swimming suit. For a long moment he sat and stared down at me. Surprisingly only at my face. “When’s he coming?”

“A few hours. Whenever dinner is.”

“Oh.”

Yeah.Oh.

[[ Salutations ~ Much too lazy to find a song for this at this second. I'm 99% asleep. Just had to get this out to you. Season I is almost over! =O  I think it'll end at 75 but it may wind up being 77 just to be groovy. We'll see. Anyways lots of loving<3 ~ Jade ]]