TEACH ME - minsung

NOTE: this isn't exactly a oneshot, it's an excerpt from an upcoming chapter of my minsung story 'teach me'

i liked the chapter and didn't want to wait to post it, so here it is

please forgive any errors it's 2:45am

-

"That movie sucked," Minho griped.

Jisung frowned. "I liked it."

"No way," Minho countered, "It was way too cliche. They fell in love, there was some stupid conflict that broke them up, and then there was some grand gesture where everything was forgiven very quickly and then they kissed and the movie ended." He rolled his eyes and turned to Jisung. "It's just like every other rom– Jisung, are you crying?"

The younger sniffled and wiped away his tears with the sleeve of his hoodie. "I really liked it. I... like the idea of love. I don't understand how you could ever get tired of it," he whispered. "But you know me, Minho, I'm kind of a crybaby."

"You're not a crybaby," Minho cooed. He paused, realising what he'd said and added, "Well, maybe a little bit, but it doesn't bother me. It's cute that you love love so much."

"Well, yeah," Jisung joked, "I've got to be emotionally invested in someone's love life, right? and considering the way I am it's not worth trying for mine." He smiled, but Minho knew the boy too well and saw through his humor.

He pulled Jisung close and patted his head. "You'll find someone, Ji. Anyone would be lucky to have your love, so make sure whoever that person is deserves it. Deserves you."

Jisung scoffed. "I appreciate it," he said, "But no one's gonna fall in love with me. And even if they did, I'd never know it. You know I'm bad at reading people. Even if someone tried to drop hints I'd completely miss it. I don't get people easily the way you do."

"Then..." Minho thought for a moment, pondering his response. "How about I teach you what to look for? The little things someone will do when they like you. If you know what to look for, then you won't miss your chance with whoever falls for you." Jisung looked up at Minho and nodded excitedly, throwing his arms over the elder's shoulders gratefully.

Minho managed to pry Jisung's arms away from him and sit up to face the boy.

"Well, first of all, they'll probably be nice to you. Even nicer than they are to their friends, sometimes. They'll laugh at your jokes, and they'll smile just thinking about you," Minho explained, "They'll want to spend time with you and they'll miss you the moment you're gone. They'll... lie awake at night trying to figure out their feelings for you."

Jisung pouted and whined, "But how would I know any of that? Maybe they just laugh at my jokes because I'm funny. I don't know what they think; I'd never know that last one."

Nervously, Minho tried to conjure a reply. When he couldn't, he decided to simply move on. "Well, you could pay attention to notice if they wanted to kiss you. That one can be obvious."

"How so?"

Minho pulled Jisung slightly closer by his hips so that they sat facing each other. "If someone wants to kiss you, they'll have to get close." He set one hand on the mattress beneath them and the other on Jisung's waist. "They'll look at you. They'll pay attention to how beautiful you are," Minho whispered, "Once they look at your lips and back up to your eyes, you know for sure." As he narrated, he did exactly what he said. "They'll lean in close to kiss you..." his hand which previously held him upright against the mattress now gently cradled Jisung's cheek as Minho leaned his weight into the boy he was with. He just ghosted his lips over Jisung's and remained that way for a moment to say, "Whatever happens next is up to you."

𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें