ART - seungjin

Hyunjin was an amazing artist. He mostly kept to himself, trapped inside his own little bubble with his pencils and his paint.
He didn't have any friends.

It wasn't that no one had tried to befriend him, but he was always cold and distracted, and eventually everyone gave up. Well, everyone except one person: Kim Seungmin.

Seungmin had spent countless hours researching artists, different mediums, and even historical periods of art so he'd have something to try to talk to Hyunjin about. Hyunjin only ever offered one-word answers with no eye contact or acknowledgement of the young, red haired boy who constantly pestered him.

Truth be told, Hyunjin really did want to be Seungmin's friend. But he was scared. He had never had a real friend before, and he'd never felt for anyone what he felt for the boy who tried so hard to catch his attention. He'd succeeded, of course, and Hyunjin was unsure of what to do now. The whole thing was so unfamiliar and it made him nervous. So he did the only thing he could think of: avoid Seungmin to avoid his feelings.

It was lunchtime, and though the cafeteria was echoing with the incessant chatter of students, the art hallway was silent, as usual. Hyunjin found it calming, the stillness of the air and the absence of most distractions.

"Hi, Jinnie!"

Speaking of distractions...

"I like your drawing so far," Seungmin praised as he stood behind the artist he adored. "I haven't seen you work with charcoal in a while. Wow, the detail here is incredible!" He pointed at the page, making sure not to touch it for fear of smudging and ruining it. "Hands are hard to draw, but these are really well done."

"Thanks." He didn't even look up.

Seungmin still hadn't moved from his place right behind Hyunjin with one hand on his left shoulder. "They're holding hands, so they're a couple... are they in love?"

Hyunjin's shoulders tensed. "I guess."

"It looks like they're both boys' hands. Are they supposed to be anyone specific? Ooh, does Hyunjin have a little crush? How cute~" He poked Hyunjin's cheek as he cooed.

With a sigh, Hyunjin set down his charcoal pencil and gave a firm, "No."

Seungmin rested his chin on Hyunjin's shoulder as he watched his short, sharp strokes as they blended together and created a beautiful image of two lovers with their hands entwined. Silently removing his chin from Hyunjin's shoulder, Seungmin placed a gentle kiss on the spot where his neck met his shoulder. Hyunjin let out a small gasp as he turned around.

"What's that?"

Seungmin chuckled. "Affection."

"Disgusting," Hyunjin mumbled with a dark red coating his face and ears, "Do it again."
Seungmin did as he was told, kissing the same spot again before moving up to plant a quiet kiss on his cheek, then his nose, and finally ended with a chaste kiss on his lips.

"You really are talented," Seungmin breathed, "I'd love to see you draw me sometime..."

"Seungmin, that's never gonna happen."

The red-haired boy stood up in shock. "This is the first time you've ever said more than three words to me! Can I ask why you don't want to draw me? Not that I mind, I know you don't have to, I just—"

"Why recreate art?" Hyunjin shrugged as he began to pack up his things. "No painting can ever truly capture the beauty of the original." He stood and faced Seungmin, leaving a quick kiss on his lips before walking out without another word.

Seungmin gently brushed his fingers against his lips, thinking about Hyunjin's kiss.

"He said I'm art."