RUN AWAY - changlix

angstangstangstangstangst

[Based on the Front Porch Step song]

Changbin felt broken.

He had been out for a walk to clear his head, to forget about him, and yet he couldn't. How could he forget the boy standing right in front of him? He hadn't noticed Changbin yet. He was too distracted, standing on his toes and playing with some other boy's hair as he smiled brightly.

"I used to make him smile like that," mumbled Changbin bitterly.

He turned to walk away as soon as he heard the boy call out his name. When he arrived home, he broke down crying. He looked at the picture frame that he never bothered taking off his nightstand and flung it across the room, not caring when he heard the glass shatter. He ripped up the letters he had kept saved in his drawer. He picked up a pale pink shirt that had been folded neatly on the pillow next to his and screamed as he fell to his knees holding it.

Changbin marched outside, clutching the shirt in his hand as he reached into his pocket. He felt around for a minute before he finally located his lighter. He held the flame to one of the sleeves and set it down on the concrete, watching the fabric wither.

You left your t-shirt in my room, it used to smell like your perfume. I choked up when it was burning, but I blamed it on the fumes.

And my pulse goes off the charts when I can see you on the streets. No, you ripped my life apart, but you won't get what's left of me.

He stood up, wiping the tears from his face as he went back inside. He left the embers of the shirt behind as he began throwing his own clothing into a backpack. Just before he left, he wrote a note.

"Dear Felix,

I know you left me long ago, but I've been longing since you left to fill this empty space that you created on this lonely bed. And I know it's not my fault, but I'm the one who's getting hurt...

I hope you and Hyunjin are happy. I won't apologise for ignoring you today, because I don't feel bad for doing it. You left me, so why should I have to feel bad for what you did? I need to get away from you. I hate you for what you did.

So I will run away, and get out of this town and hope I never see your face. And I'll take back my heart, and rid my life of you so that my life can finally start.

-Changbin"