SLOW DANCE - jeongchan

Chan pinched the bridge of his nose, silently praying his headache would disappear soon. Meanwhile, his husband fluttered about the house, distracted by the uncompleted tasks on his to-do list.

The man didn't even notice as Jeongin knelt beside the couch and looked up at him. "Are you okay, Channie?" He asked.

"Yeah," Chan sighed. "I've got a headache and I'm stressed about tonight's dinner party and–" he was cut off by a chaste kiss.

Jeongin smiled softly as his action caused the other to freeze. "Hey, don't worry, honey. I'll call Changbin and let him know we won't be able to make it tonight." He ran his hands through Chan's hair and kissed his forehead. "You don't have a fever. I think you just need some rest."

"I have too much to do," Chan argued.

Jeongin pointed one finger in his husband's face and demanded, "You stay on that couch until I get back so I can take care of you." He tossed a blanket at Chan, who instantly covered himself and burrowed into the couch. By the time Jeongin came back, Chan was much calmer. He gratefully accepted the meal Jeongin prepared and they ate in near silence aside from the mindless chatter of the television.

Chan slid off of the couch to sit next to his husband on the floor. He covered his and Jeongin's legs with the blanket and intertwined their hands as they sat enjoying each other's company.

"What else can I do, Channie?" Jeongin asked, "Wait, I bet I know." He stood slowly, detaching himself from his husband as he moved to sit on the couch behind him. His hands trailed up and down Chan's arms absentmindedly, as if trying to memorise his every feature, before settling on his shoulders. The older hummed contentedly as he felt Jeongin gently working away his tension.

"Can you sing for me, baby?" Chan mumbled. Jeongin stopped rubbing Chan's shoulders and instead took both of the man's hands in his own.

"Oh I'm into you, and boy no one else would do, 'cause with every kiss and every hug, you make me fall in love. And now I know I can't be the only one. I bet there's hearts all over the world tonight with the love of their life who feels what I feel when I'm with you." His voice was soft and light as he stood, making Chan rise with him.

Quickly, he took his phone out of his pocket and played a song, another one of the couple's favourites. Setting the phone down on the couch, Chan set his hands on Jeongin's hips and began to sway slightly as Jeongin wrapped his arms around the other's neck.

Baby is this love for real? Let me in your arms to feel your beating heart, baby. Your beating heart, baby, baby. So, baby is this love for real? Let me in your arms to feel your beating heart, baby. Your beating heart, baby. They both hummed along to the soft, slow melody as they danced together. As the song came to an end, Chan spun his husband and dipped him, pulling him back up into a kiss. The man giggled and buried his face in the elder's neck. Though the song was over, they continued dancing together, spinning around the living room in a messy sort of waltz that felt perfect to them.

Both clad in their pyjamas displaying sleepy smiles, they danced like fools, pulling each other close and laughing when one of them stepped on the other's toes.

"Are you feeling better, Channie?"

Chan smiled and closed his eyes, drumming his fingers against the younger's hips. "You know, I actually am," he sang, "I think you're the cure for anything since you always make me feel so good. I love you, baby."

Beaming, Jeongin hugged his husband tightly. "I love you too. So much."