SHOWER - seungjin

As Hyunjin tried to rinse the shampoo out of his eyes, he heard it again. The boy from the dorm down the hall was singing, and his smooth, calming voice echoed off the tile walls.

You are the stars in the sky, you are the sound of the rain. You are the strong sense of calm that takes away all the pain—

His song was cut off by a series of loud noises, the first being a voice calling out, 'Hey', followed by a scream, the sound of the shower curtain being torn down, and a loud thud.

"Oh, shit!"

~

Hyunjin rubbed his eyes as he tried to sit up. He shouted in pain and held his head in both hands, looking around the unfamiliar room.

Wait– unfamiliar room?

He began to panic. Then he heard it again. That voice, just singing. If I die before I wake, in the night just look above. With every star that greets your face, I am giving you my love. He smiled and closed his eyes, listening to the boy's soft, smooth voice sending a love song out into the empty air.

"Hey," a voice said, "You're awake!"

"Where am I? What happened?"

Someone peeked out from around the corner. It was a boy with brown hair and a wide smile. "You tore down a shower curtain and knocked yourself out. Got a nice gash on your forehead, but don't worry, it won't ruin your cute little face. You'll have a pretty sick scar later." He paused. "I'll be back in a minute." The boy disappeared behind the corner once more and returned a few minutes later holding a steaming bowl of soup. He handed it to Hyunjin and sat down next to him.

"Thank you," Hyunjin mumbled, "But I still don't know where I am or who you are. I just know you're the one I always hear singing love songs in the shower."

He laughed nervously. "I'm Seungmin. Sorry we had to meet like this. And you're in my dorm because I didn't know where your keys were and I didn't want you to bleed out. And I'm sorry I sing so much; I know it probably gets annoying..." he looked at his hands, which were folded in his lap. Hyunjin set one of his hands on top of both of Seungmin's, a small but reassuring gesture that lessened the tension.

"You're not annoying," Hyunjin said, "I like your voice. I keep thinking about telling you that it's really beautiful but then I realise that's super weird and I chicken out. This morning I was gonna say it, but I guess I made a fool of myself instead. But it's okay, because I got to meet you."

"You're Hyunjin, right?"

"Yeah," he responded, "How'd you know?" He raised an eyebrow, curious as to how this kind stranger knew his name.

"My best friend is dating your roommate, so he's at your dorm all the time," Seungmin explained, "He never shuts up about how much he loves Minho and how he feels bad that you have to endure them being all cutesy together."

Hyunjin sighed. "It's fine, I guess. Jisung is a really sweet guy, and Minho loves him a lot, but I get kinda jealous sometimes. I want someone to be cute and cringey with, y'know?"

"Yeah, me too," grumbled Seungmin, "But hey, you never know. You just gotta meet someone and get to know them. Life has a funny way of throwing people together in the strangest ways. Like us, we met because you tried to be nice and it backfired. But now we've officially met, so maybe it's not all bad." He beamed.

Hyunjin said, "Well then, since life threw us together, there must be a reason. I'd like to get to know you, Seungmin."

Seungmin giggled. "Okay. I want to get to know you, too, though I'd say I know you pretty well already, since I've already seen you naked and witnessed you do something embarrassing."

"Oh, my god. Just shut up about me being a disaster and talk to me like a normal person."

the song seungmin is singing is 'if i tremble' by front porch step
it's a whole ass bop
makes me soft