Nothing Was The Same|P. Fugo

big fat comfort post...
type: angst
other: au where Fugo goes with bucci gang, slight spoilers
words: 471

Your blank stare shot through the wall. Your eyes were half lidded with tiredness and you felt like you were almost floating. Your heartbeat was in your ears and you felt it... but it was muffled.

The only thing that kept you from crying was your love, Fugo. Aside from your own heartbeat his breathing was the only thing you could hear. It was a soft tune you couldn't stop focusing on. In, out, in out, in, out...

Then you heard him breathe deeper and harder this time. His arm loosened around your body and he looked down at you. "Amore..." he spoke softly.

There was a crack in his voice at the end. That's what's finally broke your melancholy façade. You turned your face to bury yourself into him and wrapped your arms tightly around his body.

It was all too much. You lost your teammates... your friends... your fucking family. They were all you could count on but they slipped out of your grasp in mere seconds. Every time you lost someone you tried to get your grasp back on them but each time nothing worked and it sent you into a further depression.

Fugo kept his arms around you, tighter this time, and quietly cried with you. It was the first time in a while he felt sadness more than anger. The anger was still there, however. The only people he cared for were taken away and the one he loves with every fiber of his being was sobbing and he could do anything about it.

Everything was broken. It was questionable of it was beyond repair. But still, the repair would take more than a lifetime to completely heal.

You choked between sobs. "It's not fair! It's not fair at all!" you screamed. Your body contracted on its own and you curled into a ball.

Fugo held back anger and cries. "I know..." he reached out with a shakey hand and pet your hair as an offer of comfort.

You barely acknowledged it. Physical feeling was blocked out by the copious amounts of sadness you felt.

"I want everything to go back... I want things to be normal again! I want Bruno and Abbacchio and Narancia back! It's not fair! It's... it's not fucking fair!" you cried out. The tears completely covered your face and you taste them on your tongue. 

"I want them back too! It's hard for me too, y'know! I miss them as much as you..." Fugo yelled. His voice grew weak with the last sentence.

You both sat there crying. Eventually when it stopped you both went back to numb and expressionless. This was the point where it hit you.

Nothing will ever be the same.