Darlin'|G. Zeppeli

type, fluff
words, 1,490
request for V3nt0_D0r1t0

You and your older brother Johnny Joestar entered a race across the country not too long ago. You had met Gyro Zeppeli, someone you and your brother had grown close to over time.

Sure sometimes he was a cocky asshole but there was something drawing you in a lot more recently. It was bugging you but you liked it.

Traveling by horseback you, Johnny, and Gyro headed forward not bothering to stop for any reason. While they had a conversation you were completely lost in thought.

'Why does my heart beat so fast when he does anything at all? I swear to high heaven thinking about him makes my heart go at the speed of light!' You didn't notice until Johnny put a hand in front of your face that they had stopped.

Snapping out of your daze you quickly apologized "Sorry, Johnny, guess I was zoned out..."

He just shrugged "Alright, just stay focused next time. Go help Gyro collect water, he's at a stream a few yards back"

"Okay, watch Aphrodite for me" You hopped off your horse and took two water jugs with you. Aphrodite was your horse and she was definitely pretty. Black with white patches, similar to a cow, and a long white mane and tail.

Besides Johnny, she was your best friend.

You continued down the forest and quickly found Gyro pretty fast. He was a few feet in front of you so you caught up fast.

"Hey Gyro, when did you see the stream up here?" He was a bit taken aback since he didn't notice you coming, seemingly daydreaming about something.

"Oh, hey [n, name]. We passed by it a minute ago, remember? Johnny pointed it out" Gyro gave you a confused look.

You just shrugged "I wasn't paying attention the whole time, got lost in thought, y'know?"

Gyro nodded "Yeah, I understand that". He playfully nudged you "Better not be dreamin' about some boy"

Your face went pink "I will think about all the boys I want to think about, Zeppeli. I am a grown woman" you crossed your arms and looked away from him.

"19 isn't that grown sweetheart. Plus, I am certainly the only man you should be thinking about"

"Oh, is that true?" You quirked an eyebrow and gave him a look. He nodded.

"It certainly is, darlin'. I, after all, am the sexiest man alive!" He winked and stood tall, fixing his posture.

You rolled your eyes "Tsk, that's very cocky of you to say. Maybe I think someone else is more handsome than you."

You and Gyro arrived at the stream finally and began to fill up the water jugs. It was silent besides the running water. Gyro finished up and set them down on the ground beside him.

He took one of yours and filled it up for you. While the water rushed in he stared at you with admiration. Sure, he was flirty with you and it may have come off as friendly but really...

Gyro Zeppeli was in love with you and he would openly admit it. To himself at least.

Once you were done you began to head back with Gyro. Then, he picked up the previous conversation "So if it's not me, then who could it possibly be?"

You thought for a moment and put on your most serious face "Diego Brando, of course. Who wouldn't find the man attractive?"

Gyro faked a gasp "I am offended. How dare you say that short, blonde, gremlin, weak, twink, dinosaur, rock eating, stuck up, prideful, asshole is more attractive than me. I am a fine man"