Thorns|B. Bucciarati

words, 682
type, fluff?
spell check, no

You were in love with your team leader, Bruno Bucciarati. He was the first person you ever cared about and the first person to care about you. Many times you confided in your other closest friend, Abbacchio, about it.

Every time he would tell you 'I don't care' or 'Do whatever your heart wants'. You wished he'd support you a bit more and help you out but it's just how Abba was.

It was dark out and raining. The base was getting chaotic and loud so you left to take a walk in the streets of Naples.

You made your way down to the bay and it was deserted. Perfect. You walked down a long strip of rocky land and stood at the edge in front of the ocean.

The sea breeze felt amazing on your face and every so often the waves would splash small drops of salty water onto you. Your eyes closed and you took a deep breath, the smell of the ocean relaxing you.

Lost in thought you didn't notice the foot steps from behind you. "[Name]? Why didn't you tell someone you left?" You turned around, it was Bruno.

He was soaked, just like you. But even with his hair messy and wet he still looked breath taking. You took a sharp inhale and rubbed your arm.

"Yeah... I'm sorry about that. I got overwhelmed and just kinda walked out" You have an awkward laugh at the end and ran a hand through your soaked hair.

A few seconds of silence later Bruno broke it "What was overwhelming about it? It's nothing more than the usual horsing around that they do".

You just shrugged, moving your hand to clutch your elbow and your gaze moving down to the rocky ground beneath you. "Guess I'm more irritable than usual today?"

Bruno moved closer to you, standing five inches from you and towering over you "You're acting like you wanna tell me something. Spit it out, it'll make things easier for both of us".

You snapped up to look at him. You looked like a damn deer in headlights "It's nothin, Bruno. Rea-"

"I said spit it out. Just tell me, please" At this point Bruno looked genuinely concerned for you. Not wanting him to get mad or anything, you decided to admit it.

"Oh god... uhm. Basically, I really like you a lot and I wanna do things with you that friends don't do and uhm... I'm really really sorry I wanna suppress it and I try really really hard and I know you don't like me like that so it's okay no need to say it" You spat out your words at the speed of light but it was audible to Bruno.

"I like you like that too. But loving me is going to be like waking on a thorny path, [name]" You looked into each other's eyes, both completely stone and serious faces.

You bit down on your lip for a second then finally replied "I'm willing to walk that path for you". That was all Bruno needed. He pulled you into a hug, his arms around you tightly.

You lived for this moment, you never wanted to leave his side ever again. You looked up at him to see tears running down his face along with rain.

"We should go... One of us is gonna get sick" Bruno muttered. You nodded in agreement, but neither of you moved.

You made direct eye contact with him, making you're heart flutter and blush rise to your cheeks. Your lips ghosted his and you closed your eyes.

Bruno was the one to fully kiss you. It felt amazing and it was the best experience of your life. Your arms moved to wrap around his neck and his wrapped tightly around your waist.

Once you both pulled away you wiped any remaining tears of his face. "Okay, for real now. I don't want you to get sick!" You gave Bruno a nose kiss and you both headed back with fingers laced together.