Backbone|L. Abbacchio

I'm working on two Ghiaccio things rn but I had an inspiration shoot so quick oneshot time
also, I suggest listening to the song
type, angsty
words, 1,283
other, y'all's live by da ocean

I'm working on two Ghiaccio things rn but I had an inspiration shoot so quick oneshot timealso, I suggest listening to the songtype, angsty words, 1,283other, y'all's live by da ocean

Bruno Bucciarti picked you up off of the streets three weeks ago. You were caught in a bad situation with some rival gang members and he saved your ass from getting killed.

Later, he learned how you ended up in that situation. You had run away from home. Your parents had been abusive in every, and I mean EVERY, way.

Since Bruno was such a kind man he couldn't help but feel for you. So, you were put through the lighter test and taken into Bruno's team.

There was Fugo, Narancia, Mista, and Abbacchio. Abbacchio was fairly new like you but seemed close to everyone else.

Quickly, Fugo basically became your big brother. You opened up to him about everything and he related deeply to your situation. The only difference was Fugo had built up somewhat of a tolerance to the pain.

You were still a scared child though. Sure, you were eighteen and should be more mature but it was still scary. Even with a completely new 'family' in the matter of a day you were still scared and cautious.

Narancia was sort of a comic relief but you didn't know him that well. Fugo, even though he was younger than you, was basically your big brother. You didn't know Mista too well but he seemed nice enough. Bruno was another person you trusted but not as much as Fugo.

Abbacchio? Oh... Abbacchio. You were drawn to him for some unknown reason. You wanted to talk to him but at the same time he was fucking terrifying.

You thought you could just remain silent with him but the inevitable confrontation came at dinner. Everyone was either in the dining room or on the balcony having dinner. You had a long day and decided to go up to the balcony with Fugo.

By some stroke of bad luck, Abbacchio was there too. You and Fugo sat on the opposite side and made small talk while you ate. During the whole time Abbacchio kept mumbling to himself and shooting you and Fugo dirty looks.

After you finished your walked downstairs to put your dish in the sink. Since there was quite a bit piled up from today you offered to wash them and Bruno agreed.

Halfway through Abbacchio came down to put away his plate and wine glass bit scoffed when he saw you. Mista looked up from his magazine and eyed Abbacchio.

He gave you the dishes and you took them without a word. You both stood there in awkward silence till Abbacchio spoke up. "Why the fuck don't you ever talk, huh? Think you're too good for us or something, fucking bitch.  I bet you won't even survive your fir-"

He was cut off by Mista "Whoah there dude, calm down. Don't be so rude to her. She's had it worse than most of us"

Abbacchio rolled his eyes "Respond to me. Why hasn't Bruno given you a single mission? Why don't you do shit around here. Why-"

He was cut off again by you running away to who knows where. "She's insufferable" Abbacchio mumbled.

As you ran out the door you heard Fugo yelling after you. "[Name]? [Name], stop, where are you going?" Fugo sighed. There was no point in running after you.

He sent Bruno out to go get you and then went to go yell at whoever hurt you. He came into the kitchen where Mista and Abbacchio were having a screaming match.

"Hey! What the hell happened in here?" Fugo asked, clearly at his breaking point.

Mista pointed at Abbacchio "This dickwad just majorly fuck with [name] and insulted the hell out of her".

At this point Narancia walked in. "Hey guys, what's-" Fugo reached for the knife block but Narancia held him back while Mista stayed in between the two.

Meanwhile, Bruno was hinting you down in Naples. It wasn't too hard to find you. You were going down the street to... your parents house. He stopped the car beside you and rolled down the window.

"[Name], come on. This isn't worth it" he said to you. You froze up and looked at Bruno in the eyes. You shook your head 'no'.

"I don't belong there. I wouldn't survive long..." Bruno sighed and opened the door on your side.

"You're coming with me, no negotiating" He pulled you in and drove off. You stayed quiet.

Once you got back everyone was sitting quietly in the living room. Abbacchio had a wrapped up arm and Fugo was handcuffed to Mista. Narancia just sat there awkwardly like a lost puppy.

Bruno sighed and sat down by Abbacchio. He pointed to the seat next to Narancia "[Name], sit".

You nod and sit down next to him. "So..." Bruno started. "Care to explain?" He glared at all the boys.

And of course, another yelling match started. Lots of 'he said', 'he did', 'she did', and 'i did nothing wrong' was being blurted out. Bruno just looked annoyed.

"Hey! One at a god damn time. Abbacchio, you first, then [Name]" Bruno crossed his arms and leaned back.

"She doesn't do shit and I called her out on it. All she does his hide with Fugo and be lazy as hell" Abbacchio 'tched and Bruno gave him a disappointed look.

"Let her grow a fuckin' backbone dude, I don't know what her story is but it isn't pretty" Mista said.

"Yeah, it takes time to grow confident and be able to function somewhat normally. We all know that" Narancia added. Fugo stayed silent but it was obvious he was still pissed beyond comprehension.

"You two are going to be locked in a room together until you can apologize and [name] can accept it, got it?" You nodded and Abbacchio just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."

It was scheduled to happen the next day but Abbacchio couldn't help the guilt that was slowly eating away at him. His angst could really get the best of him.

So, when he went out late at night to have more wine on the balcony he saw a great opportunity. You were standing there looking out at the water with a blank face.

Abbacchio put a hand on your shoulder and you flinched. It didn't feel like Fugo's hand. You turn around to see the brooding goth in a tshirt and sweats, definitely different than usual.

"Hi..." you said weakly.

"Hi"

You stared at each other in the eyes until you broke. Tears started spilling "I'm sorry... I, I'll try harder to be useful, I promise!"

Abbacchio felt his heartstrings be tugged at. Did he really make you this upset? He sighed and shook his head. "No, you need time to adjust to the way things are now..." he walked over to the small sofa on the balcony.

"Sit, we can talk about why you're here... if you're comfortable with that" You hesitate but nod. You and Abbacchio sit down and you start talking.

It took a while to get the details out but by the end you were a shakey and sobbing mess. Abbacchio had his arms around you tightly. He felt... bad. Really bad.

He pet your hair as you cried. "Shhh, you're okay. I'll keep you safe, you're in my arms" he repeated over and over again.

It took a moment for him to notice but you fell asleep on him. He stared down at you and heat rose to his face. His heart rate went up with each small breath you took and jesus fuck...

What was this feeling..?