New Arrival (Chapter 21)

"Oh please don't worry, its fine. Though I do have to ask, have I seen you before? You seem so familiar."
"What? Oh, I don't think we have met before sir."

He looked at me intently like he's trying to get something out of me.

"Anyway, its nice meeting you, miss. I'm Caster Brooks, The president of Norivo Trading Company."

He hold out his hand and I took it.

"Its also nice meeting you sir."
" May I know what your name is miss? "
" It's Amaya. "
" Amaya huh? "
" Yes sir. "
"I'ts nice meeting you. "

Not to mention because his Courtney's father. But upon hearing his name, his name seems so familiar to me. Like he's part of my past. Like he's the person that might answer some of my questions. But I have a feeling that he's not that easy to approach. I have to be careful around him.

"Daddy, what are you doing here? "

Courtney appeared out of nowhere and looked at me.

"You shouldn't talk to this girl, she's major trouble."
"Is that so? Well then, it was still nice meeting you but I have to go now. Until next time."

At first I was wondering how a girl like Courtney can be related to a successful businessman. But it hit me, their personality are the same. Proud and cold-hearted.

As I turned around to find my friends, someone was standing right in front of me. It was Hariet.

"You know Amaya, you should be careful. Talking to Courtney's father so casually might just get you expelled... Or maybe worse. Just wanted to let you know. And honestly, you should really know your position. You're nothing more than trash to us. So better get lost right now. You don't know what Mr. Brooks can do. "

After that she walked away. Why is everyone saying that? What can he do? It doesn't make sense. I was clueless as to what she was saying. But this could be a warning. As I said, I should be careful around them. But that doesn't mean I'm going down without a fight.

I went back to my classroom and found that friends are already there. As always, I sat next to Liam and Louis and Zhari walked over.

" You alright? "
" Never been better. "
" Well out of the blue you said you need to get fresh air. We don't know if you're planning anything weird. "
" She's not like that. "
" You're one to talk you've only been with her for less than a week. "
"Don't be so cold on Liam."
" Just saying. "

Just then Mrs. Brooks went in and class started. But let me tell you something about Amanda Brooks. She has a nasty personality. She's inconsiderate unlike Professor Kim. But most of us still like her like they never had a hot teacher before. Never mind the attitude. Like mother, like daughter.

After another boring class from Mrs. Brooks, it's time to go home.

" Why are you always going with Amaya? "
" Stop sticking your nose on their biusness, Louis. "
" Well, nice to see you're as grumpy as always. "

Just then an unfamiliar man came to view. Not to mention, she looks a lot like Zhari.

" What are you doing here? "
" Yeah, what are you doing here? "
" Still keeping each other company? "
" Forever and always, brother. "
" Brother? "

Just then he looked at me and stared.

Ian : " Amaya? You're as beautiful as ever "
Amaya : " How do you know my name? "
Zhari : " Seriously. "
Ian : " Oh, Zhari has been telling me all about you. "
Amaya : " Zhari has never mentioned you before. "
Zhari : " Well maybe it's because he made such an unexpected visit. "
Ian : " I'm just doing my job. "
Amaya : " Job? "
Zhari : " Oh gosh. "
Ian : " U-uh, I meant. I have business to attend to. "
Amaya : " What kind of biusness? "
Ian : " You know gotta protect my subjects. "
Amaya : " Subjects? "
Zhari : " Really? "
Ian : " No, I don't mean that. Uh it's just I'm a head of a company here. "

He looks nervous. Is he ok?

Liam : " Oh really? Must be nice. "
Ian : " Thanks. "
Amaya : " Zhari why didn't you tell us? "
Zhari : " No reason. "
Liam : "Oh we didn't get your name. "
Ian : " It's Ian, Ian Milton. And you? "
Liam : " Liam Thorn. I also think Amaya and I better get going. "

Suddenly Liam's arm are wrapped around my shoulder. There is many people here. What is he thinking?

Amaya : " Sure. I guess. "
Ian : " Nice meeting you again, Amaya. "
Amaya : " Again? "
Zhari : " Alright that's enough we'll be leaving with my big brother. You guys go ahead."

Then Zhari and Louis pulled Ian away from us and we started to walk home.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I know you're a little bit confused and yes Zhari has a brother. I don't know how to explain it. But actually, I almost forgot to update today. I know right, I'm successful a horrible person. But I'll see you on Friday. Love ya!