Light (Chapter 52)

Louis' POV

This battle has just started and yet I feel like we already lost. We have the army, we have the plan, the weapons, the teamwork... Yet for me, those things aren't good enough. The leader of their group is none other than the person I liked. The person who was there for me and was willing to understand my problems. The same person who said that I should be confident with myself. How am I supposed to defeat someone who helped me when I felt defeated?

"Isn't that Liander? Amaya's cousin and your... first love?"
"I guess he is... How could this happen?"
"Louis, I'm so sorry. He-"
"Enough talking! What do you think this is, some kind of family reunion? Well the reunion's over. Robots, attack!"

The other side started attacking. Shooting bullet after bullet. Sending troops after troops. No matter how worried we were of the outcome, our side fought back. Everyone doing their best to survive and to make sure victory would be gained. Then there's me... who stood frozen, unable to move, unable to attack at all. Seeing the person that I loved kill people like it was nothing.

"Louis! Snap out of it!"

I heard someone call in a distance. Zhari came in front of me preventing every bullet and every creature that comes my way.

"Louis! Come on! Now's not the time to dwell on the past. I know all this seems overwhelming to you but we could really use your help. I know the Liander you once knew is still alive. Just please don't lose hope! GAH!"

Suddenly a wolf came our way and attacked Zhari, forcing her into the ground and I just looked at them too shocked of what was happening. Then I turned my head back to look at Liander and saw an arrow head in my way instead.

"No, Louis! Dodge it!"

I saw the arrow getting nearer and nearer. I closed my eyes and thought it was the end of me. Then suddenly, a soldier ran and pushed me out of the way. In the process, the soldier got shot in the chest. I quickly stood up and I saw him stare at me until his last breath.

I came back to my senses. Seeing the soldiers sacrificing their lives, seeing blood and dead bodies scattered around. Seeing my friends with bruises and scratches. What have been doing all this time? Do I seriously think I'm the only one suffering? Do I think that just by standing here I could bring this war to an end? The Liander I like could be dead by now but I won't allow my friends to be the same way. Its time for me to make a move. To finally stop hesitating... And just fight on.

I looked up with determination in my eyes and lit my hands with my light beams. I shot the wolf holding Zhari to the ground and helped her up.

" Good to have my best friend back. "
" Now, let's kick some ass. "

We nodded at each other and parted ways. I ran and jumped on a fallen soldier and shot some drones in the process. Then I climbed and sat on a high tree and shaped my light into a bow and arrow. I closed my one eye shot every drone and creature I see standing on the way of my friends.

Even after a few minutes I shot arrow after arrow until my hands hurt and body drained. Until I saw Liander making his way to Zhari at great speed, killing everything in his way.

" No. "

I jumped off the tree and ran to his direction as fast as I can. Before he reached Zhari I shaped my light into a giant hammer, swung and hit him on the face causing to fly and stumble down the ground a few meters away from us. My hammer vanished into thin air. Then I walked to where he landed and stood in front of him. He looked at me as if he doesn't know who I am and stood.

" Stay away from her. " He just smirked at me and said " Make me. "

I closed my fist and stared him up and down and I finally attacked. I ran up to him and shaped my light into a sword. I tried to slash him with it but he was too darn fast. He just blocked my every move and just played with me over and over again. I attacked him until I was so tired that I couldn't move. I just stood there catching my catching my breath. I looked up to fight him again but he was gone. I looked around but he was nowhere on sight.

Then a huge gust of wind is circling around me. Turns out it was Liander. The wind was too thick and dirty that I couldn't see a thing. And it was just Liander who was running around and around preventing me from leaving. I just stood there covering my eyes. Then the wind is starting to form into a tornado. I was carried away by it and I was flying into the air. I saw Liander stop on his tracks and just looked up at me, high in the sky. I tried to get away but the tornado keep circling me. Then the tornado just vanished and I am falling to the ground. I screamed and yelled for help but I could see Amaya and the others are busy and doesn't notice me. I looked back at Liander and he pulled out a sword from a fallen soldier. He then held it to the sky as if he was pointing it at me. Then he threw it at my direction.

I tried to work my magic but the gravity and wind is just preventing me to. I saw the sword is getting near me and I was almost near the ground. I just closed my eyes and a tear fell down the side of my cheek. I felt a huge rush of pain on my stomach and I screamed on the top of my lungs. I hit the ground with a thud and rolled to my side. I saw the sword stuck in my stomach and the blood was rushing out. Is this the end of me? I couldn't die like this. Everything is happenning so fast. I saw Liander walking towards me with a smile. He knelt down in front of me and held the word in his hand. Without warning, he took out the sword out of my body and I screamed once more. More and more blood are rushing out of my stomach and I just cried there in front of him.

" You should be more careful of what you say, love. It can kill you. "

My body began to glitch and his expression showed that he was confused. I just smiled at him and turned into my actual form. He was shocked at who I am and dropped the sword from his grip. He just grabbed his head as if he was in pain, then looked back at me. He quickly held me in his arms and rested my head on his lap. Then I saw tears sliding down from his eyes.

" Louise, y-you. I'm so sorry. I-it wasn't me. "
" I know. "

We just looked at each other and my sight became blurry. Then I saw Zhari coming towards me. That's when I closed my eyes.