On Your Rescue (Chapter 50)

Amaya's Pov

We divided our assignments to do the rescue mission. Ian is with Aris trying to get people of the streets and into Titus. Liam and Louis are together to put a dome on the the nearby marketplace, the school and the store. While Zhari is with me and we are flying using Zhari's powers to put domes to far away buildings and subdivisions.

We were quiet in the air while doing our work when Zhari started a conversation.

" Soo.... What's with you and Liam? You've been cheeky lately. "

I'm shocked at her questions and I stayed silent not knowing what to answer. My face is burning and I turned my head away from her so that I could hide it.

" Well, considering your face is red from your cheeks to you ears. I think something did happen. "
" Fine, s-something did. "
" Then tell me. "
" I-i don't know i-if I ca-"
" Oh, shut up, I've been your friend/babysitter/protector for almost ten years. You can tell me anything. "
" Alright. You know back in the convenience store, he uhhhh...."
" Yes? "
" H-he told me.... "
" Told you what? "
" He told me he likes me. "

I was so nervous that I said that last sentence out loud. And I looked at Zhari and she looks stunned for a moment and then......

" He what?! "
" I know it's hard to believe. "
" No, it's not. I know this would happen but I didn't expect it to be so soon. "
" *sigh* I don't know. "
" Well, what did you say. "
" I said, I'll thing about it. "
" Seriously ? "
" I don't know what to do when he said that. I was so shocked that I couldn't move. "
" Girl, you gotta get your game on. "
" Come on, I don't even know if I like him. "
" You don't? Gosh, it's been months and you don't know? "
" No. Am I supposed to? "
" Yes. I've noticed both of you since you first met. And you know what I thought."
" What? "
" They're both gonna get it someday. "
" No way. That's gross. "
" I'm serious. "

We reached another building filled with people inside and Zhari put a purple dome to protect it.

" You know what. I guess you really need to think about. When this is all over you gotta give him an answer. "
" I guess so. "

After that there was silence again. And we reached from building to building subdivision to subdivision until we put a dome to almost every part of the city. Then we quickly head back to my house and the others were already there preparing to attack.

Liam's POV

Up until now, I haven't talked to Amaya properly after what happened in the store. She said she would think about it but I'm still nervous. I guess I just have to wait and focus on the task given to me and Louis. Speaking of which, we are walking to our last destination, the school. And Louis is non-stop talking about how great of a team we would make.

" I really think you and I are great together. I mean both of us can be unstoppable. Water ang light are truly a great mix. "
" Right........ But I think we are unstoppable when all of us are together. You know, with Zhari, Amaya and the others. "
" Oh hush, they're great but not as great as me. "
" Yeah. "

We reached the entrance and it looks like there are still some students inside the campus.

" Should we warn them first? I mean it would be weird if we just put a dome, trapping them inside. "
" Yeah, I guess so. Let's just hope Flirtney isn't in there. "
" Let's go to the principal's office. "

We made our way inside and to the office we went. We are greeted by her secretary and told us to wait because there is still someone inside.

" We couldn't wait! There's a freaking war out there. We need to talk to her now. "