As Mahlia explains, I start to recall seeing her before, lightning bolts surrounding her, and I wonder if this was a product of the manipulation of energy she talks about. I can't imagine how something like that would be possible for anyone however. It just seems far too fantasy-like. "So you mean anyone, like me or Eros could do it if we wanted to?"

She nods, smiling. "Everyone can learn, in fact most of my ancestors were human, apart from the odd few. We were all taught from a young age. When you're feeling better I could show you a few things if you wish."

I nod, curious to see if it would actually work but regretting the movement as my head throbs.

Mahlia sighs, smiling sympathetically. "I wish I could do more to help you, but I've already channelled a lot of energy today. If I do it much more before resting I'd be too weak to help with anything else. I'm sorry sweet."

"It's ok," I smile. While my head does ache quite a bit, I'm not in a lot of pain other than that. Besides, I can imagine that it was worse before if Mahlia had to heal me. I don't mind putting up with it now.

She grins, before standing up. "I'm going to go walk for a bit and recharge. I won't be too far away. If either of you need anything, just shout. Venus will be here anyway," as she says this, I hear a squawk from behind me. I can remember Venus, recalling being with her in the forest. Whatever happened after that is a bit hazy. I think she was hurt at some point? I'm not entirely sure if I dreamt some things. Everything just seems a bit fuzzy.

As soon as Mahlia is gone, Eros gets up, struggling a little. He picks up a bag from behind him, carrying it over as he walks slowly towards me. When he stops next to me, he carefully sits beside me, opening the bag and pulling a bottle of water out.

"Alec and Kellen went to get us some supplies from the house before you woke up. You want some water?" He holds out the bottle and I take it, thanking him quietly. I try to sit up a little, causing my side to throb and I draw in a sharp breath. Eros reaches out, taking hold of my hand with his other behind my back, helping me sit. Everything feels stiff and achy, not unbearably but enough to make me reluctant to move at all. "You alright?"

"I feel like a just ran about 5 marathons," Closing my eyes, I gulp down some water, my throat instantly feeling a bit better. Eros chuckles, shaking his head at my comment. I may have been exaggerating slightly, but I hate this stiff feeling. This is why I don't do sports.

"Well from what Mahlia told me you put up a pretty good fight, you got quite far. I was a little surprised if I'm being honest," he takes the bottle from me, taking a sip and winking as I scowl.

"I'm not completely incompetent you know."

He smirks, chuckling slightly. "You're so easy to wind up."

I snatch the water back, glaring at him, mostly being infuriated with myself for not being able to think of a comeback. But he doesn't have to know that.

The look on his face reminds me that he probably already does, however.

That stupid mind trick is getting on my nerves.

I recall being irritated by this before. I think Mahlia was the one that told me. He's been listening to my thoughts the whole time. It still makes me wonder why he let me tag along in the first place, if he always knew my intentions.

"It's hard to explain," he states, confirming that he is indeed poking around my thoughts.

I sigh, an eyebrow raised. "By the look of things right now we have plenty of time."

He pinches the bridge of his nose, scrunching his face up a little. "You're human."

"Yeah, what about that?"