Chapter 7

Adriana

"Alec, for the last time, you do not need to bring a fucking spanner!"

"But you never know it might be useful!"

"Ugh. Whatever. But don't complain about my stuff."

"Why? You don't massive ass heels for a walk in the forest."

"You never know."

"Ugh. You and your lady crap."

"Lady crap? Little stereotypical, brother. And it is far from crap."

Sighing, I close my eyes, listening to the relentless bickering of the two siblings. Personally, I don't understand why they need half the things they want to bring. Their pointless comments might just make my head explode.

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP I'M TRYING TO SHOWER!" An extremely irritated voice roars through the house, causing me to flinch. A couple of feeble apologies ring out, yet the two continue to mumble to each other, assuming that being slightly more quiet makes it less frustrating. How am I going to survive with them all?

This morning, I awoke to the sound of hushed voices in the kitchen. It had been decided - annoyingly, without my presence - that the search for Emily would commence today, as soon as some supplies and spare clothes have been packed. Supplies being limited as much as possible, since we are going into the forest.

Yes, that forest.

Admittedly, I was a more than shocked when they told me. Nobody steps foot into that forest, for whatever reason; not to mention that the darkness smothering the area has always been far too suffocating for me to want to go near it. But if there is a solid lead that they have found it might as well be followed. It makes sense that whoever has Emily would take her where sane, perfectly normal people aren't generally found. I only hope that these three know what they are doing before anything goes tits up. I am not very eager to become some rabid animals snack.

After our discussion, I ate my weight in chocolate Cheerios, and Prince decided to go have a shower. He has been doing so for an unnecessary amount of time, his supposed ‘fifteen minutes’ being almost four times longer than anticipated, probably with the intention of not having to put up with the other two - not that that appears to be working in the slightest. Honestly, at this point, I really don't blame him.

As for me, I have not as of yet begun packing, since I have insisted on getting some of my own clothes instead of wearing one of Becca's many cropped tops all the time. Alec especially had been reluctant on letting me go back to the house, but I had assured him that Edmund would most likely be drunk. He therefore wouldn't notice me if I ripped his nuts off and fed them to a dog, a suggestion with which Alec replied, "tempting". Diana won't be a problem as she will be attending to the lazy sod's needs, not wishing to leave him. As long as I can sneak into my window without burning the house down to a crisp everything will be fine.

Which brings me back to my own current situation. In the living room, trying to decide which jacket I should grab. Which by the way, is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds, since I have a minor obsession with all things leather, and my jackets are my babies.

After five minutes more of careful deliberation, I decide that I will just pick up whichever one I see first and turn to picking at my nails for entertainment, all background noise and bickering sufficiently quieter. I wonder if they have finally come to an agreement and decided to shut up. Although of course, me being me and utterly lost in my head, I completely failed to notice the half naked man stood waving, clicking his fingers and trying to get my attention until a sudden sharp pain shot through my ear.