Chapter 13 part 1

Adriana

After a largely restless night, it would seem that someone - that someone being a brainless excuse for a prince - decided that I needed a rather rude awakening only minutes after I finally managed to doze off.

In short, I ended up soaking wet, very cheesed off and may or may not have attacked his big head with a vase.

He then decided to hide in the only available bathroom, that coincidentally, I now need. Badly. Which explains my current predicament. Stood outside the room, dressed in dripping wet clothes, performing what is known to a great many children as 'the wee wee dance'. This guy is treading a very fine line.

"What are you shouting for?" Kellen asks, leaning his back on the wall and yawning.

I cross my arms, glaring at the ground. "I'm soaking wet and need to pee and that idiot won't let me in the loo."

He grimaces. "What'd you go getting wet for? And why are you sulking so much?"

"I didn't do it on purpose!" I yell, causing him to flinch. "And I don't sulk." I like to believe I'm much too mature to sulk. I'm merely frowning.

"You know, there are plenty of trees outside. You have my permission to use them if it would make you feel better."

My brows furrow. What...? "You're giving me permission to pee on a tree?"

"Well yeah. I already marked them all but if you really need to go I'll let you."

Disgust sets in as I find myself completely lost for words. Of course wolf boy marks his territory; I'm not entirely sure what pushed me to believe that any of these people are at all civilised. And to make matters worse, yesterday, while Becca and I were practicing using my chakram, it got lodged in a tree. And it cut my hand. Twice.

This is why I don't own a dog.

I have to say, from all the books and films, I really didn't expect to meet a werewolf like this one. So far he seems more primal than I expected. I wonder if that is just in a wolf's nature or whether it's because he lives in the middle of nowhere. In case I end up meeting more wolves, I hope it's the latter. Kellen strikes me as the kind of person the world only needs one of, in both the good and the bad way.

"You just going to wait here then?" He cocks his head to the side, clearly not understanding my issue with pissing up a tree. I mean, even if I could, I still wouldn't.

I sigh. "Yes. I wouldn't be able to do what you suggested anyway."

He nods his head, looking defeated and... Confused? He does know how women work, right? However, in a matter of seconds, his face acquires an overly joyful smile, his eyes glinting with what appears to be hope. "Has Eros told you what we're doing today?"

"No. He chucked water on my everything and legged it," I say, chuckling humourlessly.

"Well that's rude. He's normally a gentleman."

That does not sound like the Prince Eros I've met. Not at all. "You sure about that?"

"Well yes! It's actually quite weird that he treats you like that. You should see how polite he is with Becca, you might even think he's a different guy."

Huh. Interesting.

"Anyway, If we're not doing anything important, do you wanna play with my tennis ball with me? Prince Eros gave me a cool new one yesterday. It squeaks!"

Oh hell. He is far too innocent for his own good.

"Kellen, how old are you?"

"17. I'm a big boy."