Family ~Travlyn~

A/N, There may or may not be a part two, because there was supposed to be more to the story in the request, so maybe if I feel up to it. This was requested by @peetalo, thanks for the request! Btw I take requests, just comment or message me. Unless I say otherwise, I will write it in the time span of a month.

Katelyn sighed and paced the small bathroom of her and Travis's home. She had been feeling sick recently, and she had not gone through that time of the month when she was supposed to, and was worried if she was pregnant or not. She was currently waiting the five minutes it takes for the at home test. She checked her phone, two minutes left on the timer. She paced more before hearing the timer go off. She slowly made her way towards the counter, she flipped it over.
Negative.
She sighed in...relief?
Is it bad, I kind of wanted it to be positive?
She shook the thought out of her head. She grabbed the test and the box and made her way to the outside trash can. She opened the lid and quickly dumped the box and the negative test. She made her way inside to have a movie night with Travis.

About two weeks later she was still feeling sick. Travis had brought up the throwing up and the constant hunger, but she just brushed him off. Travis had begged her so many times over the past two weeks to see the doctor, she finally caved after it getting annoying. She set up an appointment for two days later, she made sure that Travis was right next to her watching her book the appointment, so he didn't bug her about it later.

Two days had passed and she found herself at the doctor's office. She signed in at the front desk and went to take her seat in one of the chairs lining the blue walls.
"Valkrum, Katelyn" a woman called from a door leading into a long hallway. She smiled and made eye contact with the doctor. She gathered her items and followed the doctor down the long hallway. They finally stopped at room seven and made their way inside.

The doctor did the normal things that normally happened at check-ups, and asked the normal questions.
"Okay, Mrs.Valkrum, I'm going to have to ask you to follow me" The doctor told her grabbing a clipboard and walking out of the room. She followed her into a room with a bed and machines.
"Based on what you have told me that is going on, we need to check if you are pregnant or not." She told her gesturing her to lie on the bed. She put her stuff on the counter and laid on the bed.
"Okay, Mrs.Valkrum, lift up your shirt to just below your breast, and I must warn you this gel is cold" Katelyn followed directions and lifted up her striped navy shirt just below her black bra. The doctor rubbed the cold blue gel on her stomach. She changed her glove and rolled back over to the bed.
She grabbed the wand that hooked up to the machine and started dragging it along the bottom portion of Katelyn's stomach.

"Congratulations, Mrs.Valkrum, your expecting!" Katelyn stopped moving. Sure she wanted kids, but was it too soon?
We've only been married for four months, is it too soon? Will he stay? Let's be honest it's Travis, he'd stay in the baby's life for sure.
The doctor snapped her out of her thoughts asking if she wanted to print out photos of the ultrasound. Katelyn nodded and waited to get them.

She drove home thinking on how she was going to tell Travis. She had no doubt about him leaving the baby, he has too big of a heart, but that doesn't garante he wouldn't leave her. She slowly opened the door to their home. It was around four-thirty, so Travis had just arrived home from work a few minutes ago.
"Hey babe" Travis called from his place on the couch. She went up from the backside of the couch and gave him a peck on the lips before dropping her purse on the counter.
"How'd the doctors go?" He asked getting up. He made his way to were Katelyn was standing in the kitchen, he pushed himself to sit on the counter in front of Katelyn.
Katelyn had just taken interest in the fruit bowl that sat a few inches away from her husband. She chuckled nervously and went to look him in the eye. Her ice blue eyes were filled with different emotions, happy, scared, hope, etc. His emerald eyes meet her's, and he immediately knew something was up.
"What's wrong?" He asked her.
"I found something out while at the hospital." She said whilst bitting her lip.
"And...?" Travis asked waving his hands in a tiny circle, motioning for her to continue.
"I'm pregnant, Travis." Travis sat on the counter in shock for a moment.
"It's mine, right?" He asked, genuinely curious.
"Yes, you idiot." Katelyn told him, punching his shoulder lightly.
"Well this is amazing!" Travis exclaimed jumping off the counter and pulling Katelyn in a hug. Katelyn laughed as he squeezed the life out of her.
"Okay, let go." Katelyn said. He immediately let go, still grinning widely.
"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Travis asked his face dropping from the smile. Katelyn looked at him curiously.
"I mean, yeah, why?" She crossed her arms over her chest and bit the inside of her cheek.
"Well, I mean, given what happened at Starlight, I'm surprised you wanted to marry me" Travis said dropping his head slightly. Katelyn took his face in her hands and cupped his cheeks.
"Of course I would, nobody blames you for what happened there. It wasn't technically your fault, it was the thing that possessed you. We all know that you would never purposely hurt us." Katelyn told him. She pecked her lips on his nose. He giggled before pulling her into yet another big hug.
Over dinner they looked through the ultrasound photos the doctor had given Katelyn. Travis has a look of amazement as he looked from the few photos they had. Katelyn didn't look at the photos much, she'd done that while sitting in the hospitals parking lot before driving home, and instead stared at her husband's amazed expression as he looked at their future child.