Misunderstanding {Genderbent Zana}

Cheater Part 2.

  Zianna occupied herself everything she could think of. Trying to get her mind away from the image.

  She tried finishing her movie, but the red balloons would show up and her mind would forcefully go back to the photo. She tried to do laundry, but the only load that needed to be done was hers and Nan's.

  She ended up cleaning random dishes she found until the dish washer couldn't take anymore. Once the dishwasher was filled the sound of a car pulling up snapped her back to reality.

  Her breath started to pick up at the thought of confronting him. Maybe this was all a one time thing, she tried to reason with herself.

  No, nobody is ever going to push you over again.

  She shook her head and stood up straight. After she turned on the dishwasher she took a seat at the glass dinning table.

  Her mind was blank as the distant sounds of the door unlocking could be heard. She sat up straight and looked to the door.

  Nan walked in with a pissed off expression, she mentally scoffed at the idea of him being angry with the current situation. Wasn't he the one cheating on her?

  "Hey, babe." He acknowledged her while he hung his coat up. Zianna didn't say anything, she just watched as he put his keys up and walked over to her.

  "Hey, Nan." She replied, keeping her voice as even as possible. He gave her a skeptical look before taking a seat next to her.

  "Is there something wrong?" He asked, concern laced into his features. He laid his hand over her own and it took everything in her not to throw it off.

  "Where did you go tonight?" She asked steadily. He kept his hand on hers, but she saw his face flicker with realization for a moment.

  "I told you, I was hanging out with Apaar. We went to that dinner place you didn't really like." He chuckled at the thought of her grossing out over the fish.

Zianna stayed quiet for a moment. She watches Nan's emotions, he was cycling through worry, confusion, and concern. She took her hand away from his and looked at the table.

"Apaar and Aarani went on a date today. Apaar had been talking about it nonstop for the past few weeks." She didn't look back up at his face, "If your going to make up excuses, make better ones."

  "I'll ask you again, where were you at Nan?" She demanded him. He stayed quiet, like a child when they get caught for something. Zianna sighed, he was acting like a selfish child.

  "Okay, since you don't want to tell me where, tell me who you were with." She forced her voice to stay as even as possible. When he still didn't answer, her patiences was running thin.

  "Tell me, Nan. Who was the red headed girl I had multiple friends of mine tell me about, answer the god damn question. Or I swear to god." She hissed at him, tears finally being released from her blue eyes.

  He looked up at her heartbroken and confused. Zianna was beyond pissed when she realized they were having the same emotions.

  "Look I don't know what you saw, but I swear I left right after she started hitting on me." Nan said quietly. This statement made her beyond confused.

  "I was planning on surprising you with the house we have been looking at. That was our realtor, she started hitting on me today. That was when I left and decided that I would find a new one."

  Zianna almost laughed at it. If it wasn't for the fact that someone knew he had a family but still hit on him, also her anxiety still was through the roof from her panic attack earlier.

  "Of course it was. I'm not surprised. God, stupid Garcelle making my anxiety sky rocket." She laughed dryly, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

  Nan stood up and hugged her from behind. She leaned into his touch, her anxiety slowly filtering out.

  "We okay now?" Nan asked, muffled by him resting his face in Zianna's raven black hair. She chuckled a bit and nodded.

  "Yeah, we are all right."

Word count: 712

short. short. short. Barely had any ideas yk. happy ending. no more angst, for now ;). mk bye bye.