Memories ~Zana~

After Starlight, Zane never truly regained his memories back. He could remember some names, like Aphmau, Nana, and Aaron, but other names would slip his mind often, to often.

He never truly regained his memories before his third year of high school, never knowing why he hated his father, or was still holding a grudge against his brother. He didn't remember how he got his blind eye in the first place.

And of course no one was going to tell him, why would they? Because they cared? Zane internally laughed at the thought, even though he couldn't remember his 'friend's' personalities all that well he could tell they didn't exactly care all that much about him.

Katelyn bullied him relentlessly, even hearing stories about how she acted towards him in high school. Aaron never truly talked to him, you could put the blame on the fact that he never truly talked to anyone, but Zane had thought of him as his close friend before his memories were snatched from him.

He would put Travis in the middle. The man would tease him relentlessly, but he also knew when he went to far. Travis knew not to joke about his memory issues because it was a touchy topic for Zane, that didn't stop the man from trying to get him to believe lies about how he was before his memories were lost.

He honestly didn't know where to put Garroth. He would get bits and pieces of his memory ever so often, some of the pieces that had Garroth in them was confusing him to no end. Some memories were of the two boys laughing about a joke or something on tv, but others were of Garroth teasing him about his eye in high school or not acknowledging his existence in general.

Kim was an interesting one to Zane. He was confused when Kim would go from trying to get away from him to wanting to be touching him. Once she explained about ghost to him, again, he was still entirely confused on the whole situation. Kim had eventually given up, but still tried to keep Ghost from coming out around him and confusing him more.

Then there was Aphmau. Zane put her towards the friend end of the spectrum. Of course, Aphmau was reckless and annoying at times, teasing him about being over protective of her, which he didn't know why he was so protective over the woman. Then there was the times that she would mention something about him before high school and he would get confused and she would try to the best of her abilities to explain to him. For the most part he understood most of the stories she would tell him. He'd close his eyes and try to break down the wall his brain had put up around his memories.

Last, but certainly the best in Zane's eyes, Nana. He didn't entirely understand why everyone would call her Kawaii-Chan, even if it was only an accident. He also didn't entirely remember what happened to her chest, but his therapist had blamed that on his brain trying to force out the trauma he had experienced on the island.

He liked that Nana wouldn't get angry or upset when he didn't remember their anniversary or remember the names of her family, sometimes being able to say the numbers instead.

He liked when Nana would laugh at something he said when he would get confused over a story. Like when she was explaining when he got hit with a volleyball and it drastically changed his voice. He didn't understand how his voice sounded like a cat being run over and tried to recreate the sound to fully understand the story, he found himself trying not to squeal as he tried to reach the high vocal range his teenage self had everyday.

He liked when Nana would get excited when he would remember a story from before Starlight. Her tail would start swaying behind her as she excitedly bounced next to him making him tell her the story.

"Trapped in your mind again?" The pitched voice came from the hallway of the couple's shared house.

Zane looked up from the floor, where his eyes were glued to as he went through every person on the street in his mind. Nana caught his eyes, amber meeting baby blue, before skipping over and sitting next to him on the white couch.

"Still trying to break down the brick walls surrounding my past life." She laid her head on his shoulder as he spoke. He would often refer to the forgotten time as his 'past life' due to it being chaotic and scattered.

She nodded against his shoulder as he leaned back into the plush cushions and throw pillows Nana "had" to buy. They sat in silence for a few moments before Nana found her voice again.

"Do you want to watch a movie? There is a new movie I've been wanting to watch with you." She asked grabbing the remote from the coffee table.

"Sure, put it on." Zane chuckled at Nana's squeal of delight as she started pressing buttons on the remote.

Zane watched as she laid on her back, her head in his lap as she threw a throw blanket over her legs. Zane extended his legs out and rested his socked feet on the coffee table.

In his mind he decided,

he liked Nana.

Scratch that he loved Nana.

Word Count: 916

A/N Not me writing a 2000+ word chapter to a story I'm probably never going to post bc it's about the dream smp and who reads fan tics about that, certainly not me. Imma dip before I embarrass myself more.

Also! Thank you for 10k reads! It means so much that people actually like my writing!