The Queen and the Blacksmith ~Zana~

It was technically cheating. In any book, despite the factor of the relationship had no love, no reason to continue on.

Nana couldn't end it though. It was for her kingdom, they needed two rulers of pure blood. That meant sucking up her feelings for the village blacksmith.

But, despite her better judgment, she left the castle again. She made sure to wear a ratty old cloak and a dress she stole off the side of the road from her last visit.

If her mother saw her now, she would send the blacksmith to his death and her father was certainly rolling in his grave at the mere sight of his daughter.

The village was always Nana's favorite place to visit, and it wasn't all because of her secret lover. She loved how the shops were all family-owned and watching the children run around playing games.

She waved to the few villagers that recognized her from previous visits, she had made sure none of them knew she was the crowned queen.

Children ran past her, saying apologizes, which she giggled at. She always loved and wanted children, but she would never have any children with the king.

When she finally arrived at the blacksmith's workshop she opened the wooden door and walked right in. The warm glow from the furnace always welcomed her.

She smiled at the sight of the man behind the counter banging the hammer on a piece of metal to try and shape it. He hadn't noticed her yet, to which her smile grew. She knew he hated surprises.

He still didn't notice as she quietly walked up behind him. Nana waited until he stopped hammering and inspected the oddly shaped metal to clamp her hands on his shoulders.

  She laughed as he turned around and almost threw the hammer across the room. He stood watching her laugh and waited until she calmed down to address her.

  "Nana! I've told you before, don't scare me when I have the hammer in my hands! I could seriously injury you one day." He complained to her.

  "Oh you would never, Zuzu." She laughed as he almost dropped the hammer at the use of his nickname.

  "Oh come on," He complained, placing down the hammer and turning off the furnace, "I told you that in confidence."

  "You shouldn't have." She giggled as he sighed in response. He then wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

  "What brings you here during the day, my queen?" He asked, pressing his lips to the back of her head.

  "Just wanted to see you, Zane." She replied, relaxing into his chest. The apron he was wearing smelled like gunpowder and smoke, it comforted her in a way.

  "Well, you might have to stop." A voice announced from behind.

  Nana felt Zane pull away from her as both of their heads snapped to the entrance of the shop. Their eyes widened at the sight of Nana's personal knight.

  "I didn't realize you followed me." Nana sighed in defeat. She thought she was being careful when sneaking out.

  "You went through the main gate, Queen Nana. You also use your real name when he is addressing you." The knight stated.

  She didn't know what to say and neither did Zane. They both stayed silent awaiting the punishment they were to receive from the guard.

  "Look, I won't tell anyone." The couple's eyes widened at the knight's words, "You guys just need to leave the country."

  They were beyond confused at the knight's words. Nana's mind automatically went to asking if he had ratted them out already.

  "Why? What did you do?" Nana's voice was stern and demanding. She needed to know why she was to leave her own country.

  "The king will eventually find out. No matter how sneaky you think you are he will send out spies when you leave," He explained, "You need to leave the country in you want to have a life together."

  The knight then left the small shop, leaving the couple to decide their fate.

  Late in the night of the knight helped the Queen escape with little to nothing, no he didn't.

  If the blacksmith had suddenly disappeared the next day, it wasn't anyone's business.

  If the king had remarried in under a month, the old queen didn't care.

  For she was with the one she truly loved.

A/N
Okay so first, hello! Second, I was going to freak you out by naming it "Cheater" but I thought I'd be nice :). Ik it's short, but the first part of this came to me.

Word Count: 770